• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

used 1.0uF / 800VDC polystyrene capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Time to face it, I'm never going to use these capacitors. Who wants them? They're high quality film/foil varieties, probably overspec'd because they are very large ... about 4" long, 2" diameter. I have 9, grouped into threes soldered together. They're made by Component Research in California and are probably among the best available. I paid US$28 each for them 10 years ago.

I'll give them away for the cost of shipping. Let me know.

Re: serengetiplains

Audiofanatic said:
What's the shipping cost to Holland, about $20.00 US?

If you don't mind sending them to me?

Audiofanatic ;)

Maybe I can help you with something else?

US$20 should cover it. Send me your address and particulars by emailing me and I'll fire them off.

Perhaps you can help me order some transformers from Tribute? I haven't decided on the specs yet, but will need power and output trafos for a SE design.

You're welcome!

Audiofanatic said:
Hi serengetiplains,

Just a note to let you know that they arived today.

They are really BIG :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Thanks a lot.

Audiofanatic ;)

Yes, gargantuan, in true North American style. I think Component Research over specs their products in a, ahem, big way. Let me know how they sound as I was unable to use them for their intended use (some largish, high voltage PP tube amp).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.