• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

apogee amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apogee stage

Hi, I also use stage speakers and am at the inital stage (no pun intended) of building Aleph 2/4 (could be either).
I am just foraging for parts at the moment , but I have the heatsinks, o/p devices toroidal transformers, most of the smoothing caps and cct boards, so I guess I have 80% of the expense nailed down.
I'm driving my Stage's with 60 watt / ch class A "Kelvin Labs" amps at the moment, and they do a reasonable job, but I'm looking for a little more low end control, these amps are o.k. but the Stages will do justice to the very best amps, hence the Aleph project.
I'm also not convinced the Stage presents such a difficult load, it is low in impedance but not especially reactive , I think it's a lot easier to drive than the early caliper speakers I used to own
Jules

Status
Not open for further replies.