2 Sumo "POWER" for sale - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th June 2001, 02:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

I have 2 Sumo "POWER" amps that have been hanging around gathering dust for the last 20 years.

These brutes will put out 400w/ch into 8 ohms.

Amp #1 will need a good external cleaning and if you're really fussy, a front panel re-anodizing.

Amp #2 is about the same but with acrylic top and side covers (a dealer demo). Some of the acrylic is cracked but easily replaced with the same or alum panels which could be made easily enough.

They both worked fine when removed from personal service but a caps reform, if not replacements, for the power supply would probably be in order.

I've had some unreasonable offers, which I refused.

Shipping won't be cheap but I'll crate them up. If you live anywhere near Eugene, OR, picking them up would be a better solution.

If anyone is interested, contact me.
Old 29th July 2002, 01:08 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Time to refresh this.

I have 2 Sumo "POWER" amps that have been hanging around gathering dust for the last 20 years.

These brutes will put out 400w/ch into 8 ohms, 800w/ch into 4 ohms and 1600w/ch into 2 ohms.

Amp #1 will need a good external cleaning and if you're really fussy, a front panel re-anodizing.

Amp #2 is about the same but with acrylic top and side covers (a dealer demo). Some of the acrylic is cracked but easily replaced with the same or alum panels which could be made easily enough.

They both worked fine when removed from personal service but a caps reform, if not replacements, for the power supply would probably be in order. I have recently fired one up and it is motorboating. Getting these amps into shape is definitely a DIY project.

These are well worth the $400 each I am asking.

I've had some unreasonable offers, which I refused.

Shipping won't be cheap but I'll crate them up. If you live anywhere near Eugene, OR, picking them up would be a better solution.

If anyone is interested, contact me or reply to this post.
Old 31st July 2002, 09:03 AM   #3
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
why don't you post pictures...

--
Brian
Old 24th January 2003, 10:24 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

These amps are now on ebay and photos are available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3003292294
Old 11th September 2005, 07:05 AM   #5
Sumofan is offline Sumofan  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Sumo "Power"

Hello Bill,
You still have either of the Sumo "Power" amp?
I would be interested to buy one

Regards,

Gabor e-mail: gaborvass@juno.com

Hide this!Advertise here!