• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCBs for Aleph 2, Aleph 3, Aleph 4 and Aleph 5 amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audioxpress (aka Old Colony Sound) sells PCB boards for the original Zen and Bride of Zen based on Nelson's article in Audio Amatuer in 94(if memory serves me right). OCS used to produce PCB for projects in this magazine based on demand judged by reader response card.

Hello Strobo,

The Aleph 5 and the rest PCBs are made of 1,6 mm fiberglass base with Cu-50 mikron + Pb track overlay, two sided dark-blue soldermask, drilled, and with white component overlay.

The all PCBs are single sided.

-------

Actually, I finished PCB for Aleph P Version 1.7 and the size is :
215 mm x 125 mm (8,5 in x 5 in).

The PCB layout is similar to other PCBs that I designed on my homepage, and it is very simetrical.

There is one PCB for two channels, like for Balance Line Stage.

Regards,
Kristijan Kljucaric

Hello Strobo,

If you look at the bottom of the PCB (track side) you will see that some PCBs have green color over the tracks.
This is soldermask.

Instead of green, I use blue soldermask.

At my PCBs, the soldermask is double sided, one layer is on the track side of the PCB, and other layer is on component side - before white component overlay.
I use it on the component side just to get better contrast of white silkscreen (component) overlay.

----------

The Aleph P 1.7 preamplifier will be posted at: http://web.vip.hr/pcb-design.vip in a couple of hours.

Regards,
Kristijan Kljucaric

Attachments

• aleph-p.jpg
    aleph-p.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,264
Hello,

You asked me a question that I don't know to answer very well on english.
But, I think you will understand.

The Pb track overlay on the mine PCBs is a tin layer of Pb/Zn over the Cu tracks.

I think that the right word on english would be - Tinplated.

I enclosed the picture, and like you can see, the silver look of the pads are achived by tinplating.
The all tracks are tinplated, even under blue soldermask.

Tinplating serve for protection from the oxidation of the Cu tracks/pads, thus for improved joints when soldering and lovering the joint resistance.
Also, there is much less risk for cold joints.

Hoped I answered your questions.

Regards,
Kristijan Kljucaric

Thank you Kristijan,

You explained that to me very well.
Now I understand everything about your PCBs.
Well, almost all.

At Passdiy gallery I founded your SIGMA 6 preamplifier.
Why you used the separate PCBs for the left and right channels ?
Why the PCBs in your SIGMA 6 preamplifier are not silkscreened ?

Status
Not open for further replies.