• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: TOROIDS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have these TOROIDS in Stock:

Avel-Lindberg Inc
Input: 2 X 120Vac 50-60 Hz
Output: 2 X 28.4V @ 2.67Amps over 150Va
3 3/4" Dia X 1 1/2" Tall
$22.00ea

Avel-Lindberg Inc
Input: 2 X 120Vac 50-60Hz
Output: 2 X 25V @ 2 Amps 100Va
3 1/4" Dia X 1 1/2" Tall
$17.95ea

Chia Yu Co Ltd
Input: 2 X 120Vac 50-60Hz
Output 42Vct 21V- 0 - 21V
3" Dia X 1 1/2" Tall
$12.50ea

Steve @ Apex Jr.
818 248-0416 Voice
steve.apexjr@prodigy.net

Pictures sent upon request.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There seems to be some reports that it is better not to go over about 25V

I'd be very tempted by a pair of the 21v (42vct) .
Then get a second dual bridge, (Brian is now selling this separately for those that want monoblocks) and search the threads for how to wire a ct transformer to the standard dual bridge setup (Sherman figured this out.) and have a dual monoblock setup (could still be in the same box.)

Sweeeeeeet!!

Well:

The 3 3/4" Dia X 1 1/2" Tall is 150 VA
The 3 1/4" Dia X 1 1/2" Tall is 100 VA
The 3" Dia X 1 1/2" Tall is ??? VA

Would it be wrong to assume that the 3" Dia X 1 1/2" Tall would be something like 80 VA and definitely less than 100 VA?

tiroth said:
It is a good rule of thumb, but I wouldn't assume. Talema, for example, uses some kind of special core and their toroids are MUCH smaller than average for the same VA.

At any rate it is probably safe to assume less than 100 VA. And does it seem likely that Chia Yu Co Ltd would use a core of better quality than Avel? The biggest difference in specs is usually not related to the core but to how generous the manufacturer is in their spec tolerance...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.