• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: AMB Sigma 22 psu pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the advice shonne. I will take it. I lepe pozdrave! :)

I calculated:
- the original pcb 14 USD
- the shipping to EU they are offering without tracking and insurance 34 USD (absurd)
-----------------------------------
48 USD = 41.7 €

The customs handling and VAT threshold in my country is 22€, so I have to pay 10€ customs handling and 22% VAT on the item and shipping (yes, my country adds value to everything, even the shipping!)

And I end up with 60€ (70 USD) final cost for a pcb that costs 14 USD.

I guess I'll buy the Chinese version for 9.5 USD (8.35 €) and get free shipping, tracking and money back guarantee included. The Chinese pcb has different layout, but this is a low frequency circuit, so layout isn't critical.

Thanks for the advice shonne. I will take it. I lepe pozdrave! :)

I calculated:
- the original pcb 14 USD
- the shipping to EU they are offering without tracking and insurance 34 USD (absurd)
-----------------------------------
48 USD = 41.7 €

The customs handling and VAT threshold in my country is 22€, so I have to pay 10€ customs handling and 22% VAT on the item and shipping (yes, my country adds value to everything, even the shipping!)

And I end up with 60€ (70 USD) final cost for a pcb that costs 14 USD.

I guess I'll buy the Chinese version for 9.5 USD (8.35 €) and get free shipping, tracking and money back guarantee included. The Chinese pcb has different layout, but this is a low frequency circuit, so layout isn't critical.

I don't know if in Slovenia it's the same as in the Netherlands, but here you don't have to pay VAT if the value of the item is below 22 euro excluding shipping. If the value is above 22 euro we have to VAT for the item and for shipping.

I'm not sure if this is just Dutch law or if it's an EU law, just thought about it since it sounds so similar. Maybe it's worthwhile looking into it.

No, in Slovenia VAT applies to the "customs value" of the shipment. That includes everything - shipping, insurance, all costs associated with the item.
I think they changed that about 3 years ago.
The threshold remains 22€, but it includes shipping (unfortunately).

You should be able to find the pcb okay under the name "Zerozone" - their version isn't called the Sigma 22 but "HP-X"
I tried a kit from "along 1986090" and apart from substituting the Nova electro caps, it works just fine
The output cap is crucial for the 'sound' of these power supplies and this is the main difference to the AMB circuit

What are the voltage/current for your use?

Jameshillj,
Thanks, I already found it on e-Bay under the name "Kenaudio HP-X" and ordered it, but it's the same board as the "Zerozone".
I plan to use it for the LM1875 20W gainclone amplifier with voltages +-25V. The amp draws 5A max, so this psu should be able to handle it nicely.
I have made a gainclone with the junkbox material and put it in a shoe box "enclosure", but now it's time to take a more serious approach and buid it for real. ;)
So the output caps are most important? Do they need to be low ESR or any other specific? I ordered only a pcb. I hope it comes with the schematics and bom.

You can use pretty much the same BOM as that on the AMB site as it's a direct copy, as far as I can tell - apparently, the LM1875 isn't as sensitive to the power supply as say a class A or AB amp but the generally recommended output cap is about 10,000uF/rail for the LM3875 and the 3886, so the 20W version would still probably like at least 4,700uF/rail - just my opinion here.

As usual, some controversy with the gainclone family about supply capacitors over the years but, I used the 12,000uF "Elna for Audio" (LAO) as the main smoothing cap and the 470/35v Nichicon BP (Muse ES) next to the chip and this combination worked very well for Tom's Christianson's Neurochrome 3886 version and also the Custom Analogue Audio T40 current drive amp

Hitching up the S22 regulator at 28v/rail did change the sound quite a bit, particularly the clarity, the bass and an overall more musical sound - I was rather surprised at the difference actually

I used the 4,700uF/50v Nichicon KG (Gold Tone) but the new smaller 10,000uF/50v ones should fit okay for the ripple, a 1,000uF/50v Nichicon KZ on the output of the regulators and same 470/35v Nichicon BPs on the amp board - I preferred this combination rather than the NOS Black Gates.

I kept on stuffing the led in the wrong way so put a socket on the pcb (snipped off from an IC socket) - the 2 fets mount underneath and are about 28mm apart so I used a simple centre bolted bar to hold them to the sink (with insulation)

It was pretty clear that the specific pcb design/layout directly affected the sound of all the gainclone amps so it might be worth you spending some time learning about the various designs

... my 2 cents

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.