• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS in Los Angeles: two high-end sealed 12" aluminum cone subwoofers w/ 1kW amp- $635

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS in Los Angeles: two high-end sealed 12" aluminum cone subwoofers w/ 1kW amp- $635

We recently got a large piano, and that required a reconfiguration of the stereo and so despite how much I've enjoyed these, I have to let them go.

It's two 55 liter sealed boxes, each with a DVC 4 ohm (so in series for 8 ohms) TC-1000 (later known as the Epic series) with the aluminum cone, shorting rings, 22mm of xmax, and a strong enough motor to not need a huge box, resulting in a Qtc of 0.62 for each box. Boxes are 18" x 16" x 17" HWD.

The subwoofers are in parallel for a final 4 ohm load, and driven by an external Dayton SA-1000 amplifier which has a 1000W RMS output for a very healthy 500 WRMS to each subwoofer. It additionally has defeatable 25 Hz. boost, which is excellent for home theater, especially when used in conjuction with room EQ (always best to EQ down, not up, so the boost in the first place really helps with the low-end roll-off). Also has one band parametric EQ and a 12V trigger.

Between having two separate boxes which helps flatten out the room response (and is much more flexible than one huge box), and having basically unlimited dynamic range and extension from having so much volume displacement, this has been one of the best subwoofer solutions I've ever had. Definitely local pickup in Los Angeles only due to weight/bulk!

Per Unibox simulation software, this models at 107db at xmax at 20 Hz., and over 112db at 30 Hz. That's anechoic/without room-gain!

Driver specs (this took a long time to find):
Fs 23.00 Hz
Re 7.60 Ohm
Qms 3.90
Qes 0.49
Sd 500.0 cm2
Vas 97.0 l
Xmax peak 22.00 mm
Le 2.49 mH
Le2 0.00 mH
Re2 0.00 Ohm
Nominal Power 500.0 W

here's the slightly later DVC 2 ohm version of this driver, when they changed the name to Epic, and put their logo on the cone:
TC Sounds Epic 12" DVC Subwoofer

Looking for a firm $635. Pickup only as this is big and heavy.

Thanks!

Attachments

• sub1.jpg
    sub1.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 286
  • sub2.jpg
    sub2.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 292
  • sub3.jpg
    sub3.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 287
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    841 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
If one desires stereo (2 channel) bass/low-frequency reproduction, I can swap a Stewart HPA-1000 pro-audio amplifier instead of the mono/1 channel Dayton one. Amplifier puts out 500 watts RMS @ 2 ohms, so the same 1000 watts to both speakers. Amplifier is a rugged pro-audio unit, convection cooled, with a switching power supply and a 2-step class H output stage (2 voltage rails of conventional class AB). The Dayton would produce superior results (because it's mono) but if one wants stereo low frequency reproduction than I can swap for the Stewart amplifier for $100 less (so $535 for the package). Which is an even more outrageously good deal. That option would absolutely require a home theater processor though as the amplifier has no crossover or controls - not even gain controls. So a home theater/processor/mixing desk subwoofer out is required.

If one already has amplifiers/processing - I can sell just the two passive subs without any amplifier for $435.

So:
$635 with Dayton SA1000 mono sub amp with EQ, low-pass filter, 25 Hz. boost, auto-on, etc.

$535 with pro-audio 2 x 500 Stewart HPA 1000 amplifier, no processing whatsoever - not even gain controls.

$435 just the two subs

Cheers,
Tal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.