• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Scan speak D3004/6620.00 Tweeters For Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I suggested Paypal as its fairly secure from scammers

It isn`t, you`d be in danger indeed. Its become very common for a buyer to buy an item and then say they got an empty box or non-working items (if they own such) and ask for a return where you get the wrecks and buyer keeps your good tweeters. Iam in this situation right now with an expensive watch and I`m confident they`d rule out in the buyer`s favour but I`ll give them a fight and am readying with a lawyer to go to court. Be very careful when you sell expensive items over ebay and accept paypal. Better sell to people you know or over forums liek this one to people with at least 10-15 posts and use an escrow account instead. Ebay and Paypal were great in their way as they were built on the premise buyers are honest, now the most common scam appear to be done by buyers exploiting this return policy.

Last edited:
^^^ I completely agree.

Bought and sold on Ebay for many years until I had 3 people try to pull this garbage on my simultaneously. Because it seemed more than coincidental, Ebay sided with all the buyers.

I had to eat almost $4,400 in losses that Fall. On the plus side, I did make it my hobby to ruin these people's lives. So far, one is in prison for tax evasion I reported to the IRS, and the other is currently being held by the FBI/DHS for mail fraud and money laundering. I was able to seize the storage unit of the last one, but no luck other than that. Never sold another thing on eBay since then... 2 years and I don't miss it at all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.