• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

A75 Monoblocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Triangles in an open baffle are 16cm. I also have a pair of 13cm but didn't use them yet. The 16s were more popular and they truly great sounding drivers.
I've also tried 4"midbass unit with different magnet with Triangle tweeter and in spite of the small size the bass is increadible. The midbass doesn't require crossover because of it's natural response and there is only one cap in series with tweeter. Very good imaging and the best satellite speaker I had.

Open Baffle Speakers

Peter,

Was wondering about your open baffle speakers. Did you correct for the dipole cancellation? Linkwitz has a lot of info on dipole speakers on his web site www.linkwitzlab.com. I'd love to hear them one day, I'm in Toronto too, Eglinton and Allen Rd. Did you perform any measurements on the speaker, and how did you design them (the crossover?)

I'm considering an open baffle speaker for my next project. I've got 4 Vifa PL14 drivers, plus various Scan Speak and Vifa tweeters available, and a pair of 12" Titanic 1200 drivers. I had build a dipole subwoofer with the Titanics and loved them, such open sound! Doesn't have the impact of a sealed box, but way more detail.

Cheers,
Ron

I can see that the speakers draw more attention than the amp. I tried to make crossover as simple as possible. I checked the Linkwitz site, but somehow the complexity of his circuits doesn't seem right to me. I did all the measurements with Mighty Mike (I think that's the proper name of that mike) from Speaker Builder, true RMS meter and Sterophile test CD. Crossover for the tweeter is a standard 18dB and midrange is 12dB low pass (no high pass on midrange). I got lots of info on designing them from Ariel article. I'm using active crossover on woofers only. And guess what, it's Nelson Pass design, however from Threshold period. Due to natural cancellation I didn't have to attenuate midrange. I thought in the beginning that I would have to correct woofer response due to cancellation, but for some reason in my room there is a big resonance peak around 30Hz so woofers are pretty even down to 25 Hz. They are croosed at 80 Hz on top.
If you want to listen to them, no problem, just e-mail me. I'm located at Mavis & Queensway.

Hi.

I have a Musical Fidelity A100 and I was wondering is it to compare with A75 at all. I have never had a chance to listen to A75, but really wish to build one. Is it going to be a real improvement or what do you think. Thank you in advance for advice.

Trigon.

And this is what I am using of speakers.

Attachments

• my kef.jpg
    my kef.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 673
Hi
No, actually there are 104/2 and 107/2. As you can see I have used new old stock parts. The front midranges and tweeters are 104/2 - Raymond Cooke Reference Series
And woofers (each box has two of them inside) of Kef 107/2 12” Reference Series as well. Crossover is from Raymond 104/2 Series also. They are all perfectly matched. Capable of providing 300W 95dB. Box is 75 liters + MF/HF. Sound is astonishing and clear like a crystal.
From 18-20000Hz so that really nothing is missed. Only what I am looking (and maybe you are selling) is to by original 104/2 air ports for which replacement I am using something a little different as you can see, but pretty similar.
Thank you for asking.

Trigon.

Status
Not open for further replies.