• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Big vintage electronics sale - Melbourne Aus - 3rd June

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's time for stuff to go. Bargains are to be had. Multiple collections are being pooled for this sale.

To cut to the chase:
9am Sunday 3rd of June at 36 Norfolk Court, Coburg. Follow the balloons to the precise factory. You can turn up early but we won't open the door for you. The sale starts at 9 on the dot to give everyone a fair go and nothing will be pre-sold.

Some item photos, some with prices can be found here. I'll be adding more photos as I go through stuff.

A valve list with prices can be found here. Missing from this list are a couple of hundred 20's to 40's radio valves (mostly used) and about 10% more than what you see in the list. This includes four 2A3 and a few more NOS audio types.

Unless noted the equipment is believed to work, they have been used within the last five to ten years. I will be testing things as I get them out properly, as far as I'm able.

A few more details:

Hundreds of valves going cheap, mostly NOS. All kinds with an emphasis on audio.

Test gear including three scopes, VTVM's and a monster variable DC power supply

Many books including RDH4, Morgan Jones' how to build books and many other old books.

A heap of magazines including Radios and Hobbies and Radiotronics.

Transformers, including at least one stereo pair of HiFi output transfomers and various power supply trannies.

Many valve sockets of all types.

A heap of used and new parts including capacitors, mounting hardware, thousands of resistors and a bunch of other stuff.

Free valve radio chassis and parts for those that want to scrap them and build interesting guitar amps etc.

Everything is on the cheaper end of the spectrum and we are negotiable. Just keep it realistic, don't insult us.

Please share this around and post here if you have questions.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.