• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bottlehead Quickie, or similar basic tube Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Found. Thank you all. Bottlehead Quickie, or similar basic tube Preamp

Looking to get a finished Quickie, or similar (tube only please.The more the merrier). There's a nice one on Canuck Audio Mart, and I was going to contact the gentleman. I figured before I do that I might want to see what else is available first. Not set on Quickie, but seems to be my best option. I am more then open to DIY if it fits what I need, which is why I decided to try here too. Only need one input, but more is fine. Multiple outputs, extra tubes, and dual mono volume/balance control are nice bonuses. Especially balance control.

Requirements are tubes, cheap price ($300, or under), and warm sound. Ultra detailed modern sound not needed. More interested in a musical, and non fatiguing sound. Tone controls may be okay. Will be used with a DAC, and an AVA Omega Star 250EX (25,000 Ohm input). So no Dynaco Pas, or similar high output Pre unfortunately.

Thank you all in advance.
Andy B.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.