• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

2000VA Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Right, I have couple of big transformers going spare at the minute so I was wondering if any one here would be intrested in taking them off my hands. The main specifications for them are:

~2000VA rating (not confirmed, as these are NOS, but i doubt they would be any lower)

Twin 115V primarys

Twin 40V ~ 25A each

Weight, 30lb (13kg)

9 1/2 inch (210mm) diameter by 3 1/2 inch (85mm) high

H-frame mount with four bolt holes

There are also a number of other small windings on the trasformer which I have a vauge idea of what they do. Firstly, there is an earthing lead for the transformer frame, what appears to be a thermal fuse imbedded in the core, a number of smaller secondary windings (I can't rember the voltages on these I'm affraid) and one final thing, which I think is an embeded temperature probe so that the temperature of the trasformer can be monitered.

Obviousley, these things are rather heavy, and will cost about £12.00 each to post within the uk (I dread to think what international postage is on these things) and I would like to try and sell them for £60.00 each. If anyone is intrested, let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Andrew.

Attachments

• transformer - top.jpg
    transformer - top.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 992
Just a sidenote.

I would be very carefull loading an un-labeled trafo that hard. Since you dont know what its made of (insulation and so forth), I would keep it down around 6o degrees C. All of a sudden it turns into a 600 to 800 VA trafo best case.

But if its just for the sake of novelty, thats of no importance :)

Just be carefull......you would potentially be dealing with an awfull lot of power.

Magura:)

Right, I hav ejust had a quick look at the postage prices for surface mail to the USA and it looks like it would cost some where round £60.00 to send one of these things out (assuming there is no maximum weight allowance that this goes over) without taking into account any packing weight that would need to be added on.

As for loading it up, these are the only transformers I have ever seen with three 1.5mm diameter solid coper wires comming out of it for each secondary tap, so I'm guessing it should be rated a little past 800VA.

Actualy, I have just had a look at some of the courier services which would definatley carry the parcle and they would charge a minimum of £105.00 to get it there (although it would be quite a bit faster than Royal Mail suface post)

Oh, and as for a suitable project, I was intending on putting together some circuitry this summer for a couple of mono-blocks based around the two I will be keeping for myself, which should be able to put out around 600wpc into an 8 ohm load (bridged), somewhere between 300 and 1200W WPC chanel into a four ohm load (depending on the setup, paralel or bridged) and about 600wpc into a two ohm load (plus there should be a little left over to go even lower than this if the circutry is up to it).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.