• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Seeking Tektronix 7L5 with Options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a fully working 7L5 with Option 25 and L1 input module. It works fine, only for some reason the decimal point in the central frequency readout is displaced one digit. No other issues whatsoever.

Certainly not expecting to get for it the fantasy asking prices you see on eBay, a reasonable offer will do.

It's in Warsaw, Poland. Let me know if you would like me to quote you shipping.

Cheers

Here they are. The screen is a bit dim because of my 7623, not the 7L5.

Attachments

• 7L5 Front.jpg
    7L5 Front.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 7L5 Screen.jpg
    7L5 Screen.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 75
Yes, it's the dot frequency readout on the top right corner. A frequency of 500 KHz reads as 50.00 (decimal point displaced one position to the left) where it should be 500.0 . However a frequency of 50 KHz reads correctly as 50.0

In short, when jumping from 3 significant figures to 4, the decimal point is displaced one position to the left.

Perdix, Inc. Tek 7L5 Self Test 0226181537

Greetings.... please look at the settings at the bottom of the oscilloscope trace. I am using the -40 dbV 500KHz output from the 7L5 as a reference. I would like to compare my 7L5 output to your 7L5 output with the same identical input and reference settings. Please set up your 7L5 accordingly and post picture of output. I am thinking the decimal "error" could be an artifact and there is nothing wrong with your 7L5. Perhaps if it works properly you will want to keep it? Thank you
Kenn

Attachments

• Tek 7L5 500 KHz Self Test 0226181537.jpg
    Tek 7L5 500 KHz Self Test 0226181537.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 61
Here it is.

See how the decimal point in the dot frequency is displaced one position to the left, reading 50.00 instead of 500.0; I just noticed as well that the dB/div readout also has a glitch, it should read 10dB/div where it actually reads 1 dB/div (looks as if the zero digit is just missing). The 10dB pushbutton is properly illuminated though, as you will see from the pictures.

Both issues seem to affect the readout part only, as the analyzer itself and the front end both work normally.

Attachments

• 7l5 Test.jpg
    7l5 Test.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 7L5 Test Closeup.jpg
    7L5 Test Closeup.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 35
Also..... do you have another Tek mainframe to plug the 7L5 into? Or do you have access to another? I am using a 7704 with good success. I also have a Tek 7834 storage mainframe and my 7L5 doesnt work properly in that storage mainframe. I am thinking that your decimal point problem has to do with the fact that we both are experiencing problems with 7L5 and storage mainframes .... try your 7L5 in a non storage Tek mainframe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.