• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Peerless XLS 12 830500 - a pair - BNIBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A pair of these excellent subs, unused in original boxes. $A 280

Postage is at cost from Ivanhoe 3079 Australia. They each weigh c 7 kg (15 lbs)
Or you could collect here, or I can deliver between Melbourne and Bendigo

Details 830500 Xls 12" Xtra-Long-Stroke 8Ω (4.7Ω), Speaker Drivers | Wagner Online Store

Some other people’s project experience with these:
“I used this sub in a ported box - about 45 litres tuned low - to about 25 hz from memory. The Peerless literature points towards using these drivers with passive radiators, but despite the low QTS (or maybe because of it), it sounded great in this configuration.
If used with a sub-amp that has the usual built-in 2nd order boost at lows frequencies, you can get really low, tuneful bass. One of the WES / Wagner S200 plate amp units will work really nicely with this”

THOR - subwoofer

www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread/t-64250.html

I'd go with Linkwitz’ Thor - they don't come much smarter/ more experienced at speaker design than him

Some information on the benefits of multiple subs:
Serious Audio: Two Great Articles on Multiple Subwoofers by Dr. Earl Geddes

In fact, I have more than these two, also BNIB. Contact me re further XLS, if you might be interested to go multiple with 3 or 4 subs, for smoother response throughout your room

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.