• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Unused MarkAudio Alpair 7Pen (enabling done by Planet 10)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is the matching data for Zachary’s drivers.

dave

Attachments

• Plaxco-matchData.gif
    Plaxco-matchData.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 261
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
FH3 is the got-to design if one has the space. that is where we started the serious break-in of ours (then the MTMs for a long time). There should be a free CGR (& a centre, on Frugal-phile.com, no time to look, poke me if there isn’t) and a growing set of plans in the A7x planset. There should also be a Pencil.

dave

FH3 is the got-to design if one has the space. that is where we started the serious break-in of ours (then the MTMs for a long time). There should be a free CGR (& a centre, on Frugal-phile.com, no time to look, poke me if there isn’t) and a growing set of plans in the A7x planset. There should also be a Pencil.

dave

Thanks Dave. I figured the FH3 would be the best way for me to go. I have a pair with A7.3s and really like them. I'm looking forward to the A7PeN in a pair.
On to another thought.... How do you suppose FH3's with the A7PeN sound compared to the A12PW paired with the A7PeN?

Alpair 7P & Alpair 12PW combination.

Thanks,
Mike

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I should add that the MTM ML-TL we did with A12pw & A7PeN then A7.3eN is probably the best speaker we have built to date (the Ellipsa with A7.3eN & SDX7eN not far behind but with a higher aethetic level IMO — but given the time taken one could build at least 5 pair of MTM in the same time). We did prefer the A7.3eN (& the A7 MAOP) over the paper cone A7 but with lots of break-in (100 Hr +) the A7PeN were not bad (yours BTW have some 1000+ hrs at low level on the break-in bench, but that is not the same as real-world use.

I have to discuss with Scott whether we make the A12pw ML-TLs freely available like the Pensils or charge a small amount for the set (single, double, and folded versions).

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.