• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Any interest in laser etched/cut Lucite front panels?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the ability to cut and etch Lucite up to 5 mm thick (60 cm x 30 cm) by laser for things like front panels. This can be done either from the front or back (reverse etching) and in clear or coloured sheet.

I've already done some tonearm mounting boards from 5 mm white perspex which turned out really well.

I think the other name for Lucite is Perspex. I'm not sure if I can lay my hands on other materials but I'd look into it if anyone is interested.

Etching wood by laser is also no problem.

If anyone needs such things I'd be happy to discuss it.

Sorry for the commercial slant - not intended

Sorry, I didn't intend doing this as a commercial project which is why there's no items of panels on the web site.

It's just a thought, as I always had terrible trouble doing fronts and backs of my own projects and wondered if anyone wanted me to do the same for their projects.

I'd be offering the items at whatever it costs me.

Unfortunately we may have to pull this thread, as it seems like a purely business thing.

This may seem confusing as there are other that are posting their products as well.

The difference is : That the allowed posters are people that participate actively on this forum (and are mainly DIY'ers themselves)
As opposed to people that have a business and post here with the purpose of increasing their general business.

:cop:

Regards,
Bas

Edit : Just read your previous post
It's just a thought, as I always had terrible trouble doing fronts and backs of my own projects and wondered if anyone wanted me to do the same for their projects.

I'd be offering the items at whatever it costs me.

That changes it a bit. However the moderators are working behind the scenes to put up a type of Bazaar where you might be able to sell for profit, but would very likely have to pay to advertise

Apologies & reply

Sorry about the commercial aspect confusion. If the moderators still think this is too close to my business I'm happy to pull the thread.

I currently have no pictures of panels as I've only ever made two for my own projects. I will though, try within a few days to to take a couple of photos of mine to post if people want to see them.

Over the years I've made dozens of projects, almost all of which worked fantastically but looked like home brew. I now have a magnificent Cherry wood face plate (that I picked up as scrap) for a preamp that I etched and it looks great.

I've just finished a pair of 3 way stereo active crossovers that I'm going to be tri-amping with. I have the parts for 6 GC's which will be housed in a case with some nice face plates of brushed gold plastic with black lettering. This way the case can be any old junk item. So yes, I build lots of my own stuff and just lurk to learn - not enough knowledge to be confident enough to volunteer help.

It was just that the thought struck me that I might be able to offer the service to other builders.

Not to destroy the idea of this, but laser etching is in fact very cheap. Just the shipping to israel and back for a front and rear panel, is most likely about as much as to have the local workshop doing it.

All you have to supply is a file with the image you want to have etched, and they will do it cheap, since lasers today are very fast machines.

I have a 10kW laser next door, they go a long way for 1oo USD

Magura:)

Some photos at last!

Sorry for the delay, but wives having babies in ambulances can cause delays in work schedules!

http://www.techno-laser.com/hifi_engraving/photos.htm

I've tried to show as much closeup detail as possible with my camera and this is as close as I can get.

One front is black on brushed silver, 200mm x 35 mm. The material is about 0,3mm (0.0118") including adhesive and is very flexible. This is also available in brushed gold. In addition, I do have stocks of the same plus other colours in a thicker 1,5mm (0.06") with no adhesive. I can also do it from the front or back in clear acrylic sheet of various thicknesses up to 5mm.

If you do the artwork I can do the work and materials for about 8 USD in this size.

The other photo is of my valve pre with a solid Cherry wood front. This is plain etching and looks very nice.

Magura, I think that with a 10KW laser next door I'd suspect the military of testing weaponry. Mine is a 30W and slices material very well. Most industrial CO2 lasers come no more powerful than 150W. And I'm sure that not everyone has access to this kind of guy next door, which is why I offered to help out other guys.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.