• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Open House" gear sale, Tustin CA 2/15-2/17

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Crew:

I'll add details as I go but want to get on people's calendars- I'll be clearing out a LOT of gear at very reasonable prices. Mostly drivers. Lot of JBLs, one GIANT 4x12" sub, many other things (details to follow within the next day or two. Basically, I'm taking Thurs+Fri off next week to clear things out, so thurs, fri, sat I'll be home working on things. PM me for address/contact (don't want to put it online) and will start posting details, pics, impedance sweeps for the loot. If there are things you need, feel free to ask, I may have them but not have gotten around to documentation.

Home has some pics and impedance sweeps.

Of what's shown there:
Motorola receiver/DVD player. This dealie has tripath amps, I've modded one to be just the amp section and it's very strong. The processor is going on this unit. Free.
Vifa Coaxes. $5/pair, new, M&K OEM parts
Eminence Magnum 15HO- this has a non-working brother (amp blew and took speaker with it) but is in perfect order. Recycle his brother and you have a top of the line pro-style sub driver for $30, with a really cool 4" aluminum heatsink/phase plug.
Coral 1.5 way system- 6.5" and dome tweeter. These are alnico beauties, with the old school protective grilles, great drivers, close matching, replacing the caps would be wise, but they're in great shape. Corals were very good sounding drivers, $30 for the pair
Great March 2 Dac- great dac but has sound drop-out (and had an RCA sleeve break off). Free, probably just needs a power supply part replaced
10" NHT sub. Free. New. Yours.
Sony 32 ohm drivers. Free. Yours.
Mylar Tweeters. Free. Yours.
Tube caddy. Some good stuff in here, most are tested with some significant life left, $50 (right click on slideshow to view image closer)
Eminence APT80 pair. Lightly used, soldered, $25
Roku M500 with M1000 (upgrade) display. A great little UPNP audio player that's very cool looking. Worked last time I used it. $25. (silver tube looking device)
Heil crossovers (used with AMT tweeters). Some air core coils on this thing. Free. Yours.
JBL 122A pair, modified to heck for experimentation, but good cores on hard to find drivers. They're for recone only, $50 pair

A lot more to come, hopefully I can get a few more posts worth of gear up, it takes forever! But I have a boatload of things available.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the switches or the AVO tube tester, both are pretty valuable to the right audience. I will be accepting offers.

During these three days, I'll be hanging out at home, people can drop in during reasonable hours (say 9AM-9PM) and hang out for music, a drink, and audio geekery as long as they want, picking up loot if they so desire. I'm planning to get some loot listed w/pics tonight.

JBL stuff goes, here's a few: 2404h-1 pair (working, some horn-finish shortcomings), LE8T pair (working) LE8T-H pair (working, one cone has some repair but it's performing as-appropriate), 2213 pair (perfect working order, some discoloration on the white lansaplas) 123A-3 pair (VERY clean), LSR305s (practically NIB), 4638 cabs (new, one with a few storage scuffs), some custom systems (4) with DDS ENG90 waveguides, 2426h, 2206h. These are weatherized, so a fiberglassed cab, and a light coating on the 2206h.

Non-JBL, along with many other things, there's a 4x12" massive sub in a stealthy "Coffee Table" cabinet that will require a couple strong backs and a pickup truck to move, that'll probably be $200.

Home has some pics and impedance sweeps.

Of what's shown there:
Motorola receiver/DVD player. This dealie has tripath amps, I've modded one to be just the amp section and it's very strong. The processor is going on this unit. Free.
Vifa Coaxes. $5/pair, new, M&K OEM parts
Eminence Magnum 15HO- this has a non-working brother (amp blew and took speaker with it) but is in perfect order. Recycle his brother and you have a top of the line pro-style sub driver for $30, with a really cool 4" aluminum heatsink/phase plug.
Coral 1.5 way system- 6.5" and dome tweeter. These are alnico beauties, with the old school protective grilles, great drivers, close matching, replacing the caps would be wise, but they're in great shape. Corals were very good sounding drivers, $30 for the pair
Great March 2 Dac- great dac but has sound drop-out (and had an RCA sleeve break off). Free, probably just needs a power supply part replaced
10" NHT sub. Free. New. Yours.
Sony 32 ohm drivers. Free. Yours.
Mylar Tweeters. Free. Yours.
Tube caddy. Some good stuff in here, most are tested with some significant life left, $50 (right click on slideshow to view image closer)
Eminence APT80 pair. Lightly used, soldered, $25
Roku M500 with M1000 (upgrade) display. A great little UPNP audio player that's very cool looking. Worked last time I used it. $25. (silver tube looking device)
Heil crossovers (used with AMT tweeters). Some air core coils on this thing. Free. Yours.
JBL 122A pair, modified to heck for experimentation, but good cores on hard to find drivers. They're for recone only, $50 pair

A lot more to come, hopefully I can get a few more posts worth of gear up, it takes forever! But I have a boatload of things available.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the switches or the AVO tube tester, both are pretty valuable to the right audience. I will be accepting offers.

Looks like I'm not the only one visiting Apex Jr :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.