• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Open baffle speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FIRST WATT B5 SOLD

For sale pair a very nice pair of open baffle bottom ported speakers which I built according to one of the Nelson Pass recipes.
Dimensions: 20 1/4" wide x 44 1/2" tall x 19" deep
Weight: 44 lbs with drivers, about 30# without
Material: 3/4" birch plywood baffle and sides, 3/4" alder trim, wrapped edges
Finish: CAB sprayed lacquer
Construction: Pedestal is bolted to the front baffle and can be easily removed for shipment.
Crossovers: Not included

I will sell with or without the Lowther PM2Cs. I am the original owner of the Lowthers. They have been well taken care of and work perfectly. I did replace the spiders about a year ago. The woofers are 15" generic PA woofers from an organ cabinet. Nothing fancy but they get the job done and never saw a need to buy the Eminence drivers.

Pictures attached.

Price with the Lowthers and 15" woofers: $850 OBO plus shipping and paypal fee.
Price for cabinets only $450 OBO plus shipping and paypal fee.

This is a great way to dive into open baffle speakers.

Because these speakers will have to be shipped in multiple boxes, I will only ship to the US or Canada.

Jim

Attachments

• openbaffle#1.jpg
    openbaffle#1.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 444
  • openbaffle#2.jpg
    openbaffle#2.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 439
  • openbaffle#3.jpg
    openbaffle#3.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 439
  • openbaffle#4.jpg
    openbaffle#4.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
First Watt B5 for sale

I'm adding my First Watt B5 to this listing. I bought new and modified per Nelson Pass to increase the maximum crossover point from 320hz to 640hz. Condition is 9/10. This crossover is designed for open baffle speakers. Go to First Watt to read about this piece. This is an excellent transparent crossover and a must have for open baffle designs IMO.

Asking $800 plus shipping.

Jim

Attachments

• B5#1.jpg
    B5#1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 288
  • B5#2.jpg
    B5#2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 110
  • B5#3.jpg
    B5#3.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 113
  • B5#4.jpg
    B5#4.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 91
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.