• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tannoy i12 set of three

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
12" dual concentric drivers, ported design, rugged enclosure and grill construction.

Very few US distributors so I can't find much information on these, other than the common knowledge that the tannoy dual concentric drivers are well respected and sought after. These were "left over" from a retrofit I recently did for a client. Appear to all be in good shape, but I will thoroughly test them before shipping.

Best estimate I can find on current retail price is roughly $1000 USD each. Not even sure if this is a discontinued model or not.

Would prefer to sell as a set of three. Asking $1200 for the set plus shipping. Will entertain other offers... PM please.

Nothing special. Multimedia system for non-audio or videophile in a large combined family/kitchen/formal/dining room (about 50' by 50' w/ 14' ceilings).

He had a pretty nice and fairly expensive system previously installed above the fireplace, but it had these Tannoy's mounted about 10' from the floor (pretty bad FR from that location) and a TV too small (36") for his seating distance. We rebuilt the cabinetry to hold a new Samsung 61" DLP, relocated all the rackmounted electronics (four power amps, processor, Ashly EQs, sources) to a nearby closet with an IR distribution system for remote operation, and I replaced the Tannoy's with custom designed two way THX style (sealed, 80Hz F3) monitors to complement (1) the required mounting height (dropped to 8' now - I used a tilted zero-axis polar alignment, so they sound pretty good from below), (2) the fixed THX spec crossover in the Parasound pre/pro (which he didn't want replaced, go figure), and (3) his sense of asthetics (I can't argue there... these Tannoy's are pretty industrial looking).

Overall results are pretty good sound considering the budget and room constraints, and pretty good video considering an above the fireplace mounting location and non-light controlled conditions. He's definitely pleased for the money spent.

However, I now have these three Tannoy's to resell. :) In case I wasn't very clear, I'm selling the speakers in original condition, enclosure and all. The "retrofit" wasn't of the drivers, but of the entire system.

Someone make me an offer... :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.