Tannoy i12 set of three - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2004, 06:31 AM   #1
RHosch is offline RHosch  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Tannoy i12 set of three

12" dual concentric drivers, ported design, rugged enclosure and grill construction.

Very few US distributors so I can't find much information on these, other than the common knowledge that the tannoy dual concentric drivers are well respected and sought after. These were "left over" from a retrofit I recently did for a client. Appear to all be in good shape, but I will thoroughly test them before shipping.

Best estimate I can find on current retail price is roughly $1000 USD each. Not even sure if this is a discontinued model or not.

Would prefer to sell as a set of three. Asking $1200 for the set plus shipping. Will entertain other offers... PM please.
Old 8th April 2004, 04:46 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Da5id4Vz
The retrofit sounds interesting...

Anything worth posting?
Old 8th April 2004, 11:36 PM   #3
RHosch is offline RHosch  United States
diyAudio Member

Nothing special. Multimedia system for non-audio or videophile in a large combined family/kitchen/formal/dining room (about 50' by 50' w/ 14' ceilings).

He had a pretty nice and fairly expensive system previously installed above the fireplace, but it had these Tannoy's mounted about 10' from the floor (pretty bad FR from that location) and a TV too small (36") for his seating distance. We rebuilt the cabinetry to hold a new Samsung 61" DLP, relocated all the rackmounted electronics (four power amps, processor, Ashly EQs, sources) to a nearby closet with an IR distribution system for remote operation, and I replaced the Tannoy's with custom designed two way THX style (sealed, 80Hz F3) monitors to complement (1) the required mounting height (dropped to 8' now - I used a tilted zero-axis polar alignment, so they sound pretty good from below), (2) the fixed THX spec crossover in the Parasound pre/pro (which he didn't want replaced, go figure), and (3) his sense of asthetics (I can't argue there... these Tannoy's are pretty industrial looking).

Overall results are pretty good sound considering the budget and room constraints, and pretty good video considering an above the fireplace mounting location and non-light controlled conditions. He's definitely pleased for the money spent.

However, I now have these three Tannoy's to resell. In case I wasn't very clear, I'm selling the speakers in original condition, enclosure and all. The "retrofit" wasn't of the drivers, but of the entire system.

Someone make me an offer...
Old 9th April 2004, 02:45 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Da5id4Vz
Yah, Nothing special...

I think I did a couple of small jobs like that last week.

Keep telling stories like that, and will all quit our day jobs to do HT install.

Here's a picture of the Tannoy's

http://www.tannoyna.com/commercial/a...oduct_i12.html

No Creston or AMX? It was a budget jib wasn’t it.

Thanks for the details.
Old 17th May 2004, 08:25 PM   #5
anobium is offline anobium  United States
diyAudio Member

Have you sold the Tannoys yet? Where are you located? I am interested in them.

How can I contact you?

thanks

Gabriel

Hide this!Advertise here!