• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GR Research O-3 Loudspeaker Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The O-3 is a speaker kit designed by GR Research as a surround speaker: O-3 While I’ve assembled this kit and used it for several years, I’m selling it as a kit because (1) the cabinet are still just plain MDF and (2) I’m embarrassed at the job I’ve done. So if you’re local (Albuquerque, NM) and you want the cabinets I’ll throw them in for free - but believe me, you don’t want the cabinets. :)

The drivers are in fine shape, though the woofers had collected a lot of dust being upward-facing. I always use quick-connects, so the drivers have not been soldered to. I have the ports, binding posts, badges, feet, instructions - everything that came with the kit. I think I used different wire than GR supplied; the kit will come with what I used as I'm not sure where the GR wire is anymore. I'm sure mine was audiophile approved (TM). ;)

NOTE: The current ad says the Electra Tube connectors are standard equipment. I bought my kit before those were available, so it will come with a conventional set of binding posts.

Asking $325 + 3% PayPal + shipping (new on GR Research site: $729). Reasonable offers will be entertained; low-ball offers will be ignored. Depending on the offer I'll work with you on shipping and PayPal so we're both happy (or equally unhappy).

Thanks and happy listening!
Frank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.