• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Nelson Pass' DIY Sony VFET amplifier - complete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was able to find a First Watt SIT-2 amp, and unfortunately my Sony VFET amp has been getting less playing time than it used to. It sounds great, and was built for me by Radu Tarta (abszero here on DIY Audio). All of the components were from the complete kit sold here from the DIY Store.

Big 5U casework that will easily dissipate the heat generated by the VFETs and cool lighted power button. Power supply is one that Radu uses with his amplifiers.

I'm looking to get what I have into it all-in with build cost, parts and case. Unfortunately, it's too big to ship - so I'm only interested in a local sale for someone in Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri etc. I drive a fair amount for work, and can deliver it to you or we can meet somewhere. $1,000 for a local pickup transaction.

I'm guessing there are some others (though we're in the minority!) that love the idea of DIY, but lack the talents to make some of the cool stuff around here. Here's your chance to get this great amp ready to fire up.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_5677.JPG
    IMG_5677.JPG
    432.8 KB · Views: 1,525
  • IMG_5623.JPG
    IMG_5623.JPG
    500.9 KB · Views: 1,494
  • IMG_5625.JPG
    IMG_5625.JPG
    584 KB · Views: 1,461
  • IMG_5627.JPG
    IMG_5627.JPG
    528.2 KB · Views: 1,404
  • IMG_5655.JPG
    IMG_5655.JPG
    724.1 KB · Views: 1,381
  • IMG_5657.JPG
    IMG_5657.JPG
    703.2 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_5658.JPG
    IMG_5658.JPG
    601 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_5660.JPG
    IMG_5660.JPG
    553.5 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_5670.JPG
    IMG_5670.JPG
    474.7 KB · Views: 799
  • IMG_5674.JPG
    IMG_5674.JPG
    355.1 KB · Views: 816
If I was within that area, to the detriment of my bank account, I'd have probably jumped at it.

Plus it is a time of year when everyone starts realizing how much they spent at Christmas so even though the price seems good it is still a time when that much extra spending money is harder to come by.

Okay, if it tips the scales I’ll agree to ship the amp to someone that knows how to bias it, in the event the transit knocks one of the little variable resistors out of whack. I’ve got a nice box, and I’ll bubble wrap this thing to the hilt. USA shipping only, sorry.

$1025 anywhere east of the Rockies, $1050 west of them. I’m out of town at the moment, but can ship on Thursday or thereafter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.