Harmon Kardon HK770 W/HK 725 PreAmp $Make Offer (WI) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th April 2004, 10:49 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Torodial770 Send a message via MSN to Torodial770 Send a message via Yahoo to Torodial770
Question Harmon Kardon HK770 W/HK 725 PreAmp $Make Offer (WI)

HK770 TWIN TORODIAL ULTRAWIDEBAND DC AMPLIFIER
HK725 ULTRAWIDEBAND STEREO PREAMPLIFIER

Ive been holding this set for 2 years with the intent of getting the minor ploblems fixed, however the fact of me moving is forcing me to clean out my closet .

1)The preamp power button is missing, but the switch is still good and works fine. The power led does NOT light up(unit works fine), However everything on the preamp works great including all the switches.

2)The amp itself works great except for a snap sound that comes out of the right channel when the unit is first turned on. Its not real loud but noticeable. All the switches and lights work great, and all 4 channels work.

I will be posting pics tommorow if anyone is interested. The amp weighs a ton so shipping will be expensive.

The Hk770 was only produced in 1981 and 1982. Its 200W/Chan stable at 4 Ohms. Completely powered by DC voltage, Its a push/pull amp which works almost as a twin cylinder engine. This design was not common making this unit worth while fixing.

If I can find a good home to someone that will appreciate this vintage equipment I will let the set go for $125 If not make me an offer
Old 5th April 2004, 03:32 AM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: Harmon Kardon HK770 W/HK 725 PreAmp $Make Offer (WI)

Quote:
Originally posted by Torodial770
I will let the set go for $125 If not make me an offer

Someone in WI should drive over and scoop that up right now... $125 is a good price even if you were just stripping it down to use as a chassis & power supply...

dave
Old 5th April 2004, 03:47 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Torodial770 Send a message via MSN to Torodial770 Send a message via Yahoo to Torodial770
I forgot to mention I also have a Harmon Kardon 330c reciever from the 70's thats in damn near mint condition. Anyone care to make an offer?
Old 14th April 2004, 06:00 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to DerMaennerZug
The most I can manage right now is $100 for the 770&725. I live in Madison, so it would not be a problem for me to swing by and pick them up.

Also, my offer is good indefinitely--if you want to wait a while and see if you can get a higher offer, that's cool.

Matt
Old 14th April 2004, 08:38 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Well the pre-amp is gone, somebody bought it to complete a set.... Still got the amp thou $50 and it yours.
Old 14th April 2004, 09:54 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to DerMaennerZug
I'll take it for $50.

I'll send you an email so we can talk about when would be a good time for me to pay you and pick up the amp.

Hide this!Advertise here!