• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JFET matching Jig

2Oz copper & dedicated jumper

• 2oZ copper

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Dedicated jumper clip in kit

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scott, Glad to hear that you are putting them to good use.
Unfortunately don't have the time to do the kit . If someone volunteer here it will be a better option to buy in bulk to reduce the cost.
I am happy to ship them the boards ,when they are ready for production.
From the way things are now ,I expect a delay of 1-2 month before it actually become available.
the new one is just more convenient and provides some bells and whistles but functions exactly the same way as old one.

Beta boards

I have 14 boards available. They are priced at 4$ plus shipping. Will acceptbonly friends and family. Not complete kits but receptacle for Toshiba Jfet can be arranged if there is sufficient interest.
There is an option for banana jack but recommend against it for small Jfets as the current involved is small. But if some one want to try diameter is 4.2 mm for hole.

Attachments

• 06791878-4A29-494A-AC6B-E772BC6A5150.jpeg
    06791878-4A29-494A-AC6B-E772BC6A5150.jpeg
    599.7 KB · Views: 302
I would say it is better to get parts you needed yourself than a kit. There are few options with this board and not all needs all of them.
For example it can measure and match Idss and Vgs of 2sK389 and J109 dual Jfets ( 2-10M1A)which are much more expensive than board itself and don’t know how many actually will use it for matching.
There is a trimpot that can use and trace id at different Rd points to do a better match.
I used the space to fill up with all bells and whistles. But you may not need them.
But I am ordering some parts if anyone wants let me know to save some shipping cost.
Send me a PM with what you need ASAP so I can accommodate.

here is the new board. Less clutter is better and has special sockets for through hole JFETS as many asked from last design .
Individual sockets are difficult to handle and work with( sorry last one was mainly made for smd matching).
This will be V2 jfet matcher. This can match some dual jfets for Idss,Id and Vgs-off (Vp) as well as single through hole and smd as before.
Board size 10x6 cm so not small.

The last board smd pads were too close and when I wet them with solder made contact with each other.

Attachments

• JFET TESTER.png
    JFET TESTER.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
here is the new board. Less clutter is better and has special sockets for through hole JFETS as many asked from last design .
Individual sockets are difficult to handle and work with( sorry last one was mainly made for smd matching).
This will be V2 jfet matcher. This can match some dual jfets for Idss,Id and Vgs-off (Vp) as well as single through hole and smd as before.
Board size 10x6 cm so not small.

The last board smd pads were too close and when I wet them with solder made contact with each other.

Hi kinku.

Is this V2 jfet matcher pcb available to purchase?

Thanks

The boards works fine except for a small glitch. The three way switch only work as two way. So it measures Idss and Vp but the mid zero position does not work due to inherent way of design. Keep that in mind when you are getting them. I have to dig up the parts list for the new boards. I have about 10 of them left. First come first serve. Overseas shipping to Europe is possible but honestly it’s more expensive than boards. If there are multiple interested parties I can shipnit to one person for distribution.