• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JFET matching Jig

2Oz copper & dedicated jumper

• 2oZ copper

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • Dedicated jumper clip in kit

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To help to track who wants what and the preference, I created this sheet to help kinku.

I tried my best to transfer the id's with the following assumptions:
  1. I checked the 2 oz column only if I saw you said OK to this option. Default is 1oz copper.
  2. I checked the with jumpers kit only if you ever said so. Default is no jumper kit.
  3. Only 2 assembled boards were claimed already. All assembled requests were changed to kits.

Feel free to edit your entry if I made mistake. DO NOT change the ordering so that we can preserve the First In First Serve ordering for kinku to decide if he doesn't have enough boards to fulfill. For the time being, there are more interests than boards .....

Thanks!!

I highlighted the cutoff row that reaches 22 kits/pcb + 2 assembled (total 24). I also reduce my kits by 1 so that the next in line (Davide, Nikon1975) can get in.

Currently, there are 6 boards short. Feel free to edit to add the estimated cost to the sheet.

Thanks,

From last night everything y'all needs goes to Spreadsheet made by Fred , link above. please fill that spread sheet without changing total 25 set for now.

Now 15 people wants 2 oz boards I just have to make 20.( 2 for myself ;) )
I am unable to offer more than 25 kits. That is still within the 25 PCB everyone signed up for.

People looking for kits need to prepay ( let you know starting end of next week how to proceed). Please Don't send me any PM until then ( I am in the middle of another purchase, wants to keep inbox free)
For Europe Merlin will coordinate and collect money. I mentioned before all transfers through family and friends option only except you are buying more than 2 kits where you will have to pay PayPal fee.

So I suggest paying Merlin as friends and family transaction once we know the final count of boards for Europe. Merlin will need to add about 35 $ for priority shipping to him and then individual postal fees to final destinations. So individual cost will include about 3.5$ extra for people/ PCBs plus local shipping and PayPal fees( when Merlin transfers money using regular PayPal to me). Merlin can then transfer money for kits and 35$ for shipping to him paying through PayPal where he will have to pay transaction fee and PayPal fee .minimum shipping to individuals from US can cost much more especially with kits. So not a bad deal. Plus you have to pay shipping and more money for components anyway if bought at your countries. Think about all these and let me know.

Last edited:
For Europe , this who has not made arrangements otherwise with me ,should contact Merlin.
Merlin ,calculate the amount as follows
Kit price 6.75$for kits with jumper + price of PCB
Kit price 6$ for kits without jumper
3$ for 2oz PCB
2$ for 1 oz PCB
35$ divided amongst everyone pay from Europe for shipping to you.
Individual shipping charges for each
PayPal fee 2.9%
Transfer money to Meelin using friends and family option in PayPal ( unless you want to pay twice the 5.8%paypal fee)
Once you have the money from everyone transfer to me using regular PayPal . I will contact you early next week with details.
For US , Canada , other parts of world please sit tight. I will contact you after Christmas.

Cheapest shipping from US 22-24$ to anywhere in Europe, but has no tracking and two weeks or more is the time for delivery. That is why I am shipping to one person to reduce the cost to everyone ( To Merlin).
I don't think you can get shipping from anywhere for less than this at the prices for PCB I am offering.
Sorry , I was very clear at the beginning itself this is what I am doing .
Where in Europe you will get a 2 oz PCB delivered to you for 7-8$ total ( including shipping).
I can mail PCB out as letter, but still will cost more than this plan per person and going to be slow.
I can't ship kits as letter though.

Last edited:
Hmm... we are generally not cheap in Greece but it's 9 / 15 euro for 0.5 / 1kg for tracked world shipping. Also shipping first to a middle man is more time consuming.
Anyway I think most of us wanted the pcb so it certainly makes for sense to order directly from pcb manufacturer.
Don't want to nag, it's Christmas, what's done is done.
I really wanted a double transistor tester so when I find the time I'll design one myself.

Hmm... we are generally not cheap in Greece but it's 9 / 15 euro for 0.5 / 1kg for tracked world shipping. Also shipping first to a middle man is more time consuming.
Anyway I think most of us wanted the pcb so it certainly makes for sense to order directly from pcb manufacturer.
Don't want to nag, it's Christmas, what's done is done.
I really wanted a double transistor tester so when I find the time I'll design one myself.

I am afraid you are not factoring in the minimum quantity and PCB cost. I was happy with 5 PCB and started it for the same.
It is unfair to show up in the end and post irresponsible comments.
Where were you when I asked if some one wants to do the group buy? If you knew it could be done better and cheaper you could have said that then.
I think your only purpose here is not ,to help anyone out but to deter interested parties and cause confusion and create second thoughts.
This thread is for SMD matching jig and not a two transistor tester!
And Merry Christmas to you.

Last edited: