• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ESL speakers and parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After 15 years of working with ESLs it's time to clean up. Here is a pair of two-way full range ESLs. Bass units have double diaphragms for increased output while mid-treble panels are curved for improved dispersion. Transformers and EHT are by ER Audio in Australia and high quality (AKA expensive!). [wiki=http://www.eraudio.com.au/Electronics/electronics.html]%[/wiki] No crossovers, equalisation or amps included. I used DEQX with a pair of 185W MOSFET amps.

Cabinets are attractive furniture with Australian Redgum frames and two-pack spray painted satin black bases. Dimensions 1200 mm high x 640 mm wide and 400 deep.

Sound is very pleasant with the bass being fast and nicely textured. Mid and treble has the usual excellent detail of an ESL.

Prices:

Complete $700 pair, or as parts: cabinets $100, panels $100, transformers and EHT supplies $600.

Collect Melbourne, Australia.

Attachments

• IMG_6319.jpg
    IMG_6319.jpg
    880.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_6320.jpg
    IMG_6320.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_6321.jpg
    IMG_6321.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_6323.jpg
    IMG_6323.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_6327.jpg
    IMG_6327.jpg
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 182
After 15 years of working with ESLs it's time to clean up. Here is a pair of two-way full range ESLs. Bass units have double diaphragms for increased output while mid-treble panels are curved for improved dispersion. Transformers and EHT are by ER Audio in Australia and high quality (AKA expensive!). [wiki=http://www.eraudio.com.au/Electronics/electronics.html]%[/wiki] No crossovers, equalisation or amps included. I used DEQX with a pair of 185W MOSFET amps.

Cabinets are attractive furniture with Australian Redgum frames and two-pack spray painted satin black bases. Dimensions 1200 mm high x 640 mm wide and 400 deep.

Sound is very pleasant with the bass being fast and nicely textured. Mid and treble has the usual excellent detail of an ESL.

Prices:

Complete $700 pair, or as parts: cabinets $100, panels $100, transformers and EHT supplies $600.

Collect Melbourne, Australia.
Wow, nice work. Wish we were closer.

Thanks ski. Now that I see the photos, I’m amazed at the way they cling to the wall with no visible means of support!

Being serious for a moment, it’s a bit of an emotional thing to move them on. We’re all a bit attached to them. My wife in particular loved their gentle clarity.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.