• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free speaker jig and measurement microphone. Pickup in Vancouver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Moving abroad, no time to ship, so it is free. But the catch is you must pick up the set in the the Vancouver area before 12/12/2017.

Speaker measurement jig has a small gainclone amp built in. Enclosed in pawlonia wood box. You will need to make a power cord for it (xlr jack).

Microphone needs a preamp. Capsule has Linkwitz mod.

Send me a pm if interested.

Added a picture...

Attachments

• 15129302274191173950346.jpg
    15129302274191173950346.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 168
Happycat I want to say thanks for the unit, it just came in today
When your done with your move and have some time Please send me some info on how it works. Lol
I’m sure if I open it up I’ll be able to answer a lot of my questions but I don’t want to do that unless that’s my only option. Also nice work on it. Looks very cool

carlthess40,

The setup is wired in a similar fashion to the Audiosine speaker jig. Please see attached document for more details. You should open up the unit and compare the hookup connections with the schematic. I don't remember how things are connected anymore as it has been a while since I've used the unit.

The mic preamp jack is connected to +15-16v output and that can be used to power a microphone preamp or to charge its batteries. One of the three female XLR pins is ground.

The internal gainclone operates as an independent mono amp when you connect a speaker to the top right phone jack and an input connection to the bottom right jack. The jig is automatically disconnected from the internal amp when a cable is inserted to the top right phone jack.

happycat

Attachments

• SWJig.pdf
    126 KB · Views: 86
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.