Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

WTB: Peerless 830491 8" truncated frame HDS/XLS woofer
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2017, 10:26 PM   #1
CharlieLaub is offline CharlieLaub  United States
diyAudio Member

Default WTB: Peerless 830491 8" truncated frame HDS/XLS woofer

Looking for one (or possible a pair) of these drivers in working condition. My location is near Sacramento, CA. Please post in this thread or send me a PM if you can help me out.

I just finished putting together an open baffle speaker using six of these drivers that I bought about 3 years ago or so. Only just now do I realize that one of the drivers has a rub/buzz problem. These drivers are NLA but I am hoping that there are some unused ones floating around someone's basement/attic.

Last edited by CharlieLaub; 6th December 2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 7th December 2017, 10:51 AM   #2
BenY is offline BenY
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLaub View Post
Looking for one (or possible a pair) of these drivers in working condition. My location is near Sacramento, CA. Please post in this thread or send me a PM if you can help me out.

I just finished putting together an open baffle speaker using six of these drivers that I bought about 3 years ago or so. Only just now do I realize that one of the drivers has a rub/buzz problem. These drivers are NLA but I am hoping that there are some unused ones floating around someone's basement/attic.
The rub/buzz can be fixed... send it for repair.
Old 7th December 2017, 04:22 PM   #3
CharlieLaub is offline CharlieLaub  United States
diyAudio Member

WTB: Peerless 830491 8&quot; truncated frame HDS/XLS woofer
It's probably cheaper to get a whole new driver... or at least that is my guess.

I could also try to see if there is something that has lodged in the gap and it causing the problem. Maybe I could blow it out with some compressed air?
Old 8th December 2017, 07:58 AM   #4
BenY is offline BenY
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieLaub View Post
I could also try to see if there is something that has lodged in the gap and it causing the problem. Maybe I could blow it out with some compressed air?
It`s going to be difficult to blow out any lodged particle through the Peerless coil vents..
Getting a replacement driver would be the simplest,but you may need some patience..

WTB: Peerless 830491 8&quot; truncated frame HDS/XLS wooferHide this!Advertise here!