• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: EML300B - C3g Vacuum tube single ended amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Shiny Eyes EML300B - C3g Vacuum tube single ended amplifier
Here is my latest creation inspired by the beauty of a pair of EML300B that was lying unused.
As always, I try to create 2 stage SE amps for many reasons. Hard to do 2 stages with low gain power DHTs. One of the few tubes that have the advantage of high gain, great linearity and still a bit of headroom to be able to let the 300B signature be predominant. The 300B starts clipping at 8W or so and that corresponds to a 1.65Vrms input. The C3g starts clipping at 2.3Vrms input. This allows a headroom of 2.9dB which is not a lot, but still way better than no headroom. Anyway, the 300B will distort above 2% at 4.5W and in my opinion the listening levels for a 300B amp should be at 2-3W and that allows a 6-4.2 dB power headroom and therefore creates a more realistic 7.4 dB signal headroom for the C3g.
I was a bit reluctant to built it in one case, but many audiophile are looking for single enclosure amps as more convenient use of space. It ended up weighting more than 50lbs.
The big challenge, when building a tube rectified DHT amp in one enclosure, is to keep it quiet. This amp is dead quiet on my 96dB speakers and my 100dB headphones.
The power supply uses the LL1651 and two LL1673 10H chokes in common mode. The B+ is around 475V. This time I didn't use the famous Coleman regulators because of lack of space. The 300B filaments and the C3g filaments are powered using LD1085V regulators.
The amplifier is transformer coupled using the LL2753 and the output transformers are Jack Elliano's Electra-Print 3.5K to 8Ohms low IMD. The tubes are self-biased and decoupled with Elna Cerafine. All the resistors for biasing the 300B are Mills MRA-12. The 300B is biased at 380V/-80V/75mA and the C3g at 225V/-3.5V/17mA.
The amp has an input sensitivity of 1Vrms for 3W output. The frequency response is 20Hz to 25kHz at -0.8 dB and the damping factor of 2.3 which calls for easy to drive, full range drivers.
This amp sounds great on my TangBand and Mark Audio speakers. The bass is well defined and under control, the mids are superb and the high are clean and crisp.
I am asking $3,300 plus shipping from 06851.

Best,
Radu

Attachments

• front L.JPG
    front L.JPG
    714.2 KB · Views: 932
  • Harmonics at 2 W.jpg
    Harmonics at 2 W.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 165
  • THD 3W EML300B.jpg
    THD 3W EML300B.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 162
  • FR 300B EML.jpg
    FR 300B EML.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 360
  • top wiring.JPG
    top wiring.JPG
    897 KB · Views: 359
  • weight.JPG
    weight.JPG
    700.2 KB · Views: 256
  • outdoor front .JPG
    outdoor front .JPG
    834.1 KB · Views: 804
  • top.JPG
    top.JPG
    600.6 KB · Views: 832
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    597.8 KB · Views: 848
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    724.4 KB · Views: 906
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.