• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For sale: Habia Silver plated teflon insulated copper wire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Habia E-1819 Silver plated teflon insulated copper wire for sale.

19*0.25mm ~ 1mm2

Current rating 15A

Operating temp -40C to +200C

Best quality AFIK made of this type of wire.

I bought 500meters for myself and a few friends....it seems to be a "little" over the target :D

It works well for anything from wireing up an amp (power and line), speaker cables and interconnects. Must be soldered with min. 1% silver content in order to avoid the silver migrating to the joint leaving the copper bare next to the joint.

Will sell for the 500 meter bulk price (8DKK~ 1.1 euro~ 1.33USD per meter) in reasonable quantities, plus shipping, packing and 5% paypal fee.

With reasonable quantities is meant that I am not going to ship less than 10 meters.

This is a non profit offer, and should be taken as such, hence the minimum quantity, since I do have a job and a wife as well ;)

Magura:)

To keep the number of wasted hours down, here is the shipping charges for europe and world-wide.

This is for priority airmail.

Europe:

Up to 20 meters 4.00 euro
Up to 40 meters 6.00 euro
Up to 80 meters 9.00 euro

World-wide

Up to 20 meters 7.00 USD
Up to 40 meters 10.00 USD

I have just sorted out my email problem, If anybody have sent a request and not gotten a reply, please try once more. It ought to work now.

Cheers

The point of the silver plating is to avoid oxidation. There is as far as im concerned no gain in using pure silver over silver plated, besides the higher price and the generally more physically fragile properties of silver compared to copper, Im not sure if Id call either a "gain".

If you take a look at the yet another speaker cable thread, you will find the result I got from various tests of different speaker cable setups.

The point of buying this wire for us was that its high quality, strong, durable, high current carrying capability, heat resistant (no burned wires when soldering) and plated to avoid long term oxidation issues.With all those demands, this was the cheapest solution by far.

The only real alternative we discussed was silicone insulated silver plated copper. We chose the teflon insulated version over the silicone insulated version for 2 reasons. The long term durability and the outer diameter of the teflon insulated wire is about half of the outside diameter of the silicone insulated wire.

Magura,
I might be interested in some of this wire, could you post a picture of it as I am having a bit of trouble imagining exactly what its like. I had a look at the habia site and I coulndt find it there but they dont seem to use the numbers (E-1819) in their descriptions.

Thanks.

Tim

A pic.

Attachments

• wire2.jpg
    wire2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 375
Wire transfer

Magura,

I've sent an email requesting 60m if you still have.

Also, I'm curious what your opinion is on speaker and amp binding posts?

I'm making a very nice 4x BrianGT NIGC amp to biamp speakers on a PC music player. I'm planning on soldering cables to the drivers directly and then using 4 connector neutriks on the amp-side. But is there anything simpler and better sounding?

Thanks!!

-Robert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.