• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Aleph amplifier main boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Dale,

That is much cheaper then the place that I got the boards done at.

I just finished moving into a new place, and am visiting my parents, but when I get home next week, I will finish the layout for the new version and we can get some boards made again. They should be considerably cheaper this time.

Since pcbpro does double sided boards, I can redo the boards double sided with a ground plane.

I can prototypes made at school before I order. It only takes a couple of days to get them to make me prototypes, given gerber files. I will post details of the order. If anyone else wants to take over the order and mailing of the boards, that is fine with me. I will still make the layout, verify it with a prototype board and export the gerber files for the layout.

--
Brian

Aleph 2 revised pcb update ...

I know quite a few people are waiting for this. Below is a quote from the other "Aleph X Power Buy" thread.

Aleph2 Group Buy

Hi Guys,

Brian and I are evaluating heat sinks from M&M Metals. Brian's new Aleph2 PCB layout is almost ready. Will get together a price list soon.

Best Regards,

Dale

dherman@ksaria.com

quote "Brian and I are evaluating heat sinks from M&M Metals"

Dale ... Was there a group purchasing plan for the heatsinks from M & M Metals? Decided on a particular extrusion # yet? I'm curious to see the heatsinks. Your price list is for both heatsinks and boards ... and more matched FET's (from the other thread)?

Hi,

Brian has asked M&M metals for a quote on an extrusion that they do not normally stock. Of course, they will have a minimum quantity, but we may be able to do it as a group. The other items that we can get a good break on price would be the boards, transformers, and FETS.

I will contact Victoria Magnetics to get a quote on a quantity of transformers. I will also check out Plitron. With a larger order, Plitron will customize with Electrostatic shield, etc...

You already know my prices on Fets:bigeyes:

As Brian has stated, the intent is not to make money :$:
but to help mitigate the costs and get hard to find parts.

Best Regards,

Dale

P.S. Brian sent the layout to the prototype lab, and should have them in two weeks. If they are OK, then I will get a commercial house to make a batch.

what you think of this amp..

Attachments

• upe297.jpg
    upe297.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 524
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I like the MM11645B heatsinks from M&M Metals for my Aleph 2 under construction... all 8 of them.
They were anodized black, and except for a few pits are perfect, and only 16.83 each.
I arranged them so that any defect would be on the bottom.
(I guess mine would be the clone of clone of Aleph 2... or more clones in front if I don't get it finished!)
I wish the base would have been a bit thicker, but I was able to drill and tap them without a hitch.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen more people using MM11645B as heatsinks (actually for any of the Aleph series amps). I thought they were really cheap! One could always have it cut at the longer length and it would probably just add 1 or 2 more dollars ... and still cheap.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.