• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Keantoken's simple error-correction super buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sold

I’m selling the highly regarded Keantoken super buffer I built. I have more preamps than I need, so I’m putting this great preamp/buffer up for sale.

The Kuartlotron is unique in that it doesn't use feedback. It doesn't need feedback, because it cleans up after itself - it subtracts its own distortion. Yet it isn't reliant on its own error correction mechanism either - at frequencies faster than the error correction, it simply operates as a passive buffer. The high degree of efficiency and redundancy in the signal path lends the Kuartlotron virtual immunity to RF interference and an enormous signal bandwidth. Without feedback, it is unfazed by interference because there is little need to load down the internals at high frequencies to prevent oscillation.

What's unusual for this type of circuit is that it doesn't suffer from the usual complaints about non-global feedback circuits - distortion is astonishingly low and there is no danger of thermal runaway or bias drift. It is fully temperature-compensated and the bias is set by the 1k resistor. Noise is relatively insignificant.

Features:
Aluminum chassis
Three inputs using a high quality Grayhill switch– all signal and grounds are switched
High quality Neutrik RCAs
Power supply: Two RJM S-Reg Low noise shunt-source regulator, one for each channel
50K ebay DACT step Attenuator
Two outputs

Attachments

• IMG_Front.JPG
    IMG_Front.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_Front2.JPG
    IMG_Front2.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_Back.JPG
    IMG_Back.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_Top.JPG
    IMG_Top.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.