• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Scanspeak Revelator drivers, crossovers, and cabinets for HHH Optimo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Up for sale is a set of Scanspeak Revelator drivers, crossovers, and cabinets for Tony Gee’s Humble Homemade Hifi Optimo: http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/download/Humble Homemade Hifi_Optimo.pdf
2x Scanspeak 18w4531GOO midbass drivers. These have had the dust covers dented by my darling children. One pulled out easily. I have not managed to get the other one out.
2x Scanspeak R2904/7000 ring radiator tweeters. Perfect condition
2x Mounted crossovers. See invoice sheet for component details. Nice point to point wiring.
2x Cabinets. These are extremely heavy circa 50-60Kg. Made from 24mm ply translaminated birch plywood, stained and mahogany veneered. The front baffles, rear, and transmission line divider are all 50mm thick. The transmission line is lined with 6mm bonded bitumen acoustic sheet on all sides. This cabinet is totally dead in terms of resonance. I did not build the cabinets as per the drawings on the HHH website, but I did correspond with Tony Gee, who said that so long as the transmission line maintained the same length and cross-section, then it would be fine. Baffle width, and driver placement are identical to his original design. I have never manged to tune the transmission line to my liking with stuffing. I have tried several different stuffing regimens, and have settled on no filling whatsoever. Whilst the sound is extremely detailed (as expected with these drivers), I feel that the bass and lower midrange is not perfect. In theory, this should be fixable with adjusting the stuffing, but I have not manged to do this. I would think that EQ would sort it simply. Anyway, I am moving on, and raising funds for a line array. Thanks to wesayso/fluid.
Price:
My first preference is to sell the speakers complete, collected by a UK purchaser. £500 (free cabs).
Next up, I will remove the drivers and crossovers, and ship worldwide at cost. £500 plus shipping
Last resort is I will sell the drivers and crossovers separately.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This reminds me of when I had a friend over with his then 5 year old. I had just finished my Proac clones, and I see his son running towards my speakers with his finger out ready to poke the soft dome in my Scan 9500 tweeters. I basically tackled him. Now he's an adult and my entire family find him to be pretty obnoxious.

I think that kids just have to push domes in. It is irresistible. At least it does not affect the performance of the drivers. Aluminium dome tweeters - yikes.

On a positive note. I have sucked the dent out with a vacuum cleaner, with a foam (gentle) tube on the end. Took half a sec. Should have tried harder before.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.