• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ampeg B15N Clone Guitar / Bass Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
For Sale: Ampeg B15N Amp Clone. Only one channel. The chassis, Power and Output transformers are not original, nor are any other components. Output transformer was measured to be around 7k ohms, while original is around 6.5k ohm. All coupling and tone stack caps are Sprague Orange Drops.

The voltages at the test points from schematic are nearly spot on, and sounds great. Volume, Bass, and treble pots, as per the schematic. Comes with RCA 5U4 rectifier, two EH 6SL7, and a pair of EH 6L6GC output tubes.

Please understand this is not an original B15N, just a clone of the circuit.

Aside from a bit of 60hz hum, which probably could be addressed with a little lead dress, it sounds great.

Pics forthcoming. Prefer local sale as the interested party can hear before purchasing. West sub of Chicago.

I actually have an original B15N amp (no cab) that I am getting restored, but not completed, so I cannot see how close the clone is to original...

I have about $350 invested in this amp in materials...so shot me an offer....

Attachments

• tray1 (1).jpg
    tray1 (1).jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.