• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

5u rack/enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an extra Par Metal 5U rack enclosure with handles up for grabs. I started making my chassis/enclosures custom per project and most likely will not be needing this one. It is there 20in deep model, side, rear and handles are black and the faceplate is still raw waiting for the finishing of your choice. Asking $100.00 for the rack.

Can you add a pic, or a link to one of this particular product? I'm curious about the venting. They've changed their chassis lineup over the years a bit.

Attached is the pic of the venting. It is a single row of vents on one side. I can probably have more added if you would like for an additional fee. I will have a few standard cases of mine posted for sale next week and will probably run 3u and 5u chassis as a standard offering if people are interested. The cost will be a little more then some of the offerings but the quality and materials will be on point. A plain, unfinished, non cut/tapped for binding posts enclosure without sinks will probably start around 150-175 which is pretty competitive considering the cost of other options.

I am currently making my own enclosures and can do custom work also. I use 1/4in 6061 aircraft grade aluminum and can provide sinks if needed, custom milling and tapping as well as finishing services. You can request different material and save some cash. I have an OEM account with Cardas and Furutech and can ship an enclosure with the rear panel populated to your request with binding posts, XLRs, IEC inlets, power switch, etc.

I will have a few completed cases to post in the next week or so once I get some missing parts in and the milling/detail work is completed.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    808.2 KB · Views: 154
Can you add a pic, or a link to one of this particular product? I'm curious about the venting. They've changed their chassis lineup over the years a bit.
Here is a shot of the front as well as the bottom vents - they run side ways across the chassis. Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0231-1.jpg
    IMG_0231-1.jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0232-1.jpg
    IMG_0232-1.jpg
    657.3 KB · Views: 106
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.