• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Another CDROM Controller Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BrianGT said:
Looks very similar to this design:
http://private.addcom.de/KeithWilson/Projects/mucop.htm

which I have been considering building one for a few months, as the schematic and source code is out there.

What PIC did you use for your design, as that seems like a good price for a kit, except for the shipping charges!

--
Brian

Yes, I use this design and swap some port to fit to my test board.
But mucop code didn't work for important code like, Play and skip that very complicate then you need to code by yourself or may be I miss something.
I use PIC16F877. and shipping charge is charge by cost, I check to Thai Post Office minimun charge calculate from 1 Kg. gross weight. If you done group by you can save cost of shipping.
And I also check to FEDEX and UPS also shipping charge is higher than my shipping cost about 10 -20 USD to USA.

Sincerely

pradit_p said:

Tonight I will take photo and show you.

:)

BackSide of CDROM

Attachments

• backcd.jpg
    backcd.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 4,391
Dear all,

The data when CD Audio is played can output via IDE Interface.

if Cd-Rom play the CD Audio in Audio play mode the signal will output at audio out and headphone (at front panel).
if Cd-Rom play the Cd Audio in Digital play mode, Cd-Rom will read the data from CD Audio and store in the buffer, and then Cd-Rom will issue the interupt to the host to read the buffer. The maximun of data is 65536 Bytes in each interupt. Sometime may be less than 65536 Bytes. Then the host will read the data in Cd-Rom buffer after host read, Cd-Rom will delete the data in buffer and store new data.

When Host get the data from Cd-Rom, the data will be converted to audio signal via DAC. (if Cd-Rom play MP3 media, the data is decoded and converted to be audio signal.)

Shipping Charge Change

LCD with Backlight
Mount socket behind board, you just only Plug&Play
Board Require DC9-12V
Board have 7805 Regulator on board

Price 45 USD include Finished Board+Remote+Lcd

Not include shipping Charge
Shipping charge USA, Canada, Europe, Australia 30 USD.
Shipping charge in Asia 20 USD
by Registered Mail of Thai Post Office.

If interested mail me pradit@neonmagazine.com

The above shipping charge for airfreight it take 7-10 days.
If you can wait for Sea Freight its take about 30 days.
The freight is 10 USD shipping World Wide.

Pradit

Hi Paradit

Hi there,

Your project seems very nice. I still haven’t been able to get my Mucop circuit figured out and working properly. I was wondering if you had a working hex file for the original mucop. I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. If the original code is wrong of if I just assembled it in microchip incorrectly. I've triple checked the circuit and it looks okay.

I have everything on a push prototype board and the final will be on vero board. I want to try and run it in my moms car because the stereo is broken.

the Mucop 16F877 HEX file would help so much,

Thanks again.

Rick

Hi Rick
Like I have told you Mucop code have some bug for read TOC and play but some is work for open & close tray & stop. If your board can send command open or close tray that mean your board is ok.
Next you just debug for read TOC and play. If you cannot open or close tray that mean your board is have something wrong.

Pradit

Hello Davesaudio
My basic is industrial engineer so I don't know much about computer language what is HLL, ICSP ? If I know what you mean I can explain more.
But I can told you that I use assembly for my PIC16F877A.

For below is my MUCOP Schametic modified to suitable my testboard.

Attachments

• modifymucop.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,790
Hello Mr. Macgyver,
I just got your email and already reply your mail .

Hi Mr. Davesaudio,

Thank for your acronym.
So for ICSP I used for my prototype board that good for me not to take out and in so many time while making test programming.
And for my kit I programed by copying board and use socket. :)

Regards,
Pradit

Hex File with my Schematic

This can use with my schematic above just take off IR ,
Function

Play, Skip FW, BW, Pause, Repeat, Stop
LCD Display

No Remote function,

Rename file from 16F877LcdV5.Hex.txt to 16F877lcdv5.hex

Don't forget to set jumper to master,

This program already use by many people guarantee work :)

Attachments

• 16f877lcdv5.hex.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,079
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.