• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Another CDROM Controller Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice

This is really nice of you pradit_p :)

I have several projects going on but this one is dragging me towards my experiment board.
Before I start I would like to hear from those who eventually have a PCB layout done by themself. Or is there some PCB's left from your kit's pradit_p ?
Otherwise I have to do one by myself. I think it will be an easy one with one layer. I use Eagle.
But first I have to test trough my development board, specifically done for the PIC16F88 and16F877A

Before I install Microchip's software and try do do my own hexfile
1. Can you post the hexfile for the sourcefiles above pradit_p?

2. I assume the other hexfile posted earlier in this thread is just for test and not fully working ? (Now that we have the source, the idiot is asking for the hexfile ?? :rolleyes: :clown: :D )

thanks // Ove

Dear Lucifix or any one else,

I like to use this with the modi (ROCKNA controller card)

- all remote functions (also open and close button)
- standby
- see on the display the title and the artist

if have try both and 16F877A and 18F452 18F452 is mutch
better thanks to Lucifix

We need for school to change the text in to Holland
could you send me the source for both chips

Thanks in advance

Hello, Mr. Radioman62

Hex file that I post before can use full function, accept remote function because remote function need to check ID of remote to match before use that mean you need to got the right remote, so I take this function out.

For this Hex file more than 300 people download but no one complain me that it's not work if your wiring is correct. And also some one confirm that it's surely work. ;)

Regards,
Pradit

Pradit,

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your code... If I get around to it I'm going to mod it and use a blue touchscreen gLCD to create a sort-of Classe Audio CD Player. Don't know when I'll get around to it, but this is one hell of a good start in the right direction. Thanks again!

:) :) :)

hi pradit_p

it's a very interesting project. i have assembled it on a prototype board and it works!
just one question: why accepting a command (eg play or pause) takes such a long time to be processed by something like ASUS CD-S400/A5 and why time display is wrong comparing to a commercial CD-player? i mean there is a 8-10 seconds time offset on track elapsed time display. is there any special considerations during programming of 16F877A? or just flashing with the hex file?
:confused:
thanks

Hi

I guess you're (absolutely) right about the buffer which raises another question, if i may.

Is there any way to disable this buffer (or cache) by a command?
Since modern drives (naturaly) employ more buffer, is there any chance for older drives (ie 4-8x) to response faster to commands? I ask this question because (unfortunately) i have no such drive(s) on hand right now!:D

greetings

Hi

Is there any way to disable this buffer (or cache) by a command?

I have no problem with this, main purpose to control CDROM and got Music then Time display is not my problem, I have never try this. I will check that is there command to read direct or not.

is there any chance for older drives (ie 4-8x) to response faster to commands?

My code have so many loop to delay for CD response, first time I use with 8X CDROM an it work.

Best Regards,
Pradit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.