• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Another CDROM Controller Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok,

I've updated the pcb layout. At the moment it uses a mixture of mt and through hole parts.

I was thinking about changing to total smt when the design has been verified.

I can provide the copper if anyone wants it.

HOWEVER it has not been proved, I have etched the 1st version and conducted a point to point check.

I also have the silk screen as a pdf which shows were all the components go.

Alternatively wait a while and I will etch it again and then hopefully populate and test.

In the current layout the keys are NOT mounted on the board, just a number of 2w connectors. So the users can mount the switches where they want. The IR input is configured in the same manner.

Let me know and I can post the unverified Gerber with a PDF for the silk screen and a list of comps.

Hi friends,

My project is working but i have to say not without some problems.
And this problems are present using different cd-rom players from different brand.
The less boring is the wrong time counting (track or disc duration / many seconds or minutes). With many players the time is totally wrong and simply unusable (too much cache memory probably).
The most boring is that i have to set the power off after i eject the cd to read another one. Otherwise both project and cd-player are blocked (not responding).

I'll take a look one of these days to try to find an explanation but won't spend lot of time. If i found no solution with the materials by my hands, i will simply put it in a locker. Shame, the sound is really, really great...

Read you soon

Hi Cabest,

Do you have any update for us?
As for the timing, I think it was mentioned that it was due to caching. It will most likely be unusable for most drives since they all have different amounts of cache, unless someone wants to read the atapi specs and change the program - of which I would not be capable of doing that ;-)

I have not yet begun this project, but I would be interested in one like this. Many other projects omit showing the time, so I guess if someone can write instructions on how the timing / reporting works, maybe it can be configured on a "as needed" basis dependant on cache size i guess. just a thought.

But anyway... back on topic, any updates?

@ Holmes, any luck of getting Eagle done...

I moved away from Eagel to try DesignSpark.

I have reveised the pcb and need to verify the layout then etch and test.

At present there are two type of pcb, both have through hold ICs however one is mainly through hole componenets the other is mainly surface mount components.

I will verify the pcbs at some point, however time is at a premium at the moment so I can't put a date on it.

Any news on this?

Gents,

I am new here and very interested in this project, something I would like to build myself.

Can someone help me to:
- Schematics
- Hex files and sourcecode
- PCB design

I have found Mr. Pradits schematics and firmware, Cabest's PCB design, should I be able to build it using these?

Thanks everyone for the time and effort everybody invested in this project, I am deeply grateful!

Best,
Neel

Hi Fran,

Thx for your comments, it is not what I am looking for since I do want to build one myself, as a learning experience, however, I am interested in buying it from you, depending on what you want for it, including shipping to the Netherlands... Could you send me the manual, so I can have a look see..

Thx,
Neel

Hi Pasan, pls help me

Hey Mr Pradit_P

Today i built ur CD ROM Controller using that free code.

Its working grate. But i also hv some problems.

When im programing the pic its gave me a error like this

adjblj.jpg

But Player is wokring.

213p6c8.jpg

Some times its wont work. When i switched on the player

LCD Shows me these

Pradit_P LCD V.5

Then

And nothing.

When i press Open Button ROMs door open. then i put a CD

againg

LCD Shows LOADING..

Nothings happend.

But some times its working .

flaj3n.jpg

I HV NO IDEA ABOUT WHATS WRONG

Hi Pasan, I'm Phong from Vietnam
Maybe long time (8 years)
i 've used 3 file to complie to Pic16F877a from mr Pradit_P
I 've some problems,
first, LCD shows Initializing...
next LCD shows LOADING... (on 1 st row) and shows 1 (on 2 nd row)
and nothings happend.
Pls help me to fix it,
tks you so much (sorry, my English not good)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.