• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: AVO Mk 3 Valve Tester, London UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale in Kensington, London - AVO Mk 3 valve tester. This was previously Bill Beard's personal valve tester so a bit of history.

Sold as seen - it was mainly working OK except for one or two sticky controls that were throwing off readings. Needs a service. I haven't used it for a couple of years since I got rid of a lot of my tube collection and just concentrated on 4P1L, 26 and 01A.

Collection preferred. I really don't want to post this, but could if you twisted my arm.

Looking for £450. Andy

For sale in Kensington, London - AVO Mk 3 valve tester. This was previously Bill Beard's personal valve tester so a bit of history.

Sold as seen - it was mainly working OK except for one or two sticky controls that were throwing off readings. Needs a service. I haven't used it for a couple of years since I got rid of a lot of my tube collection and just concentrated on 4P1L, 26 and 01A.

Collection preferred. I really don't want to post this, but could if you twisted my arm.

Looking for £450. Andy

Hi Andy

I might be interested. I've never used a valve tester before - is this appropriate for a newbie ?

The valves I would be most interested in testing would be;

4-pin DHTs - 45, 26, 71A, 01A, 10Y, PX25, 300B
Octals - 6SN7/6SL7
Novals - 6DJ8, 12AX7, various others

Does the tester test rectifiers ?

I'm a bit nervous about the work needed on the tester - can you elaborate ?

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.