• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Speakers: VoltBM2500.4, Morel MDT-33, Hovland caps, ScottMoose designed cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Really cool set of speakers that have been professionally designed--

Mid-bass drivers are Volt BM2500.4
Tweeters are Morel MDT-33
Crossover parts are all Hovland caps and Solen air core inductors--very large heavy gauge.
Crossover is from Wilmslow audio UK and this was one of their top of the line speakers

Cabinets are incredibly unique: ScottMoose and Planet10 designed these for me 10 or so years ago based on measurements of the Volts that I provided. They are a scaled up variant of the Change BVRs. They are built of solid 3/4" birch ply, with baffles that are double thickness.

Unlike the typical chang, the second "mouth" is at the rear of the speaker, making for a total depth of 24" I could not have anything tall in that room. This actually worked very well.

Now for the best part, the price: $350 OBO + shipping.

That is about same price as a single Volt midbass: BM2500.408 - Solen Électronique Inc.

If you want me to ship all the parts (crossovers, drivers), I'm happy to do that.

The cabinets are FREE for local pick up only with the purchase of the speakers. They do have just a little water damage on the very bottom from standing in 1" of water for 12 hours once. No internals were effected, in fact the drivers were not in them at the time.

Attachments

• Volta-chang cabinets.jpg
    Volta-chang cabinets.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 334
  • Volts.jpg
    Volts.jpg
    830.4 KB · Views: 326
  • Morel-MDT33.jpg
    Morel-MDT33.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 306
  • Front Baffle.jpg
    Front Baffle.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Hovlands inside.jpg
    Hovlands inside.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 289
  • Voltback.jpg
    Voltback.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.