• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wavecor WF182BD04 woofers & TW030WA07/08 tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
$170 shipped conUS for WF182BD04 -- NEW, PAIR (I have 2 pairs)
WF182BD03_04

TW030WA08 tweeters - used or new
$80 pair shipped conUS for the 08 (used, some dome flaws)
No pics of the new ones right now, $100/pair
TW030WA05 to 08

Attachments

• 101_0292.jpg
    101_0292.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 883
  • 101_0293.jpg
    101_0293.jpg
    844.9 KB · Views: 818
  • 101_0295.jpg
    101_0295.jpg
    996.7 KB · Views: 839
  • 101_0296.jpg
    101_0296.jpg
    996.9 KB · Views: 774
  • 101_0302.jpg
    101_0302.jpg
    970.5 KB · Views: 744
  • 101_0304.jpg
    101_0304.jpg
    968.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 101_0305.jpg
    101_0305.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 101_0307.jpg
    101_0307.jpg
    978.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 101_0294.jpg
    101_0294.jpg
    823.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 101_0299.jpg
    101_0299.jpg
    979.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
ONE PAIR woofers left.

Actually this is probably one of the only woofers with specs that are accurate, specifically mechanical and electrical loses (Qts) and efficiency.
I mean, I never measure woofers, but only one I've seen on sites that measure woofers.
I don't recall any woofers being accurate, but Wavecors.
Only 7 inch woofer with lower Qts on Zaph's site is Seas woven poly cone.

This woofer can actually keep up with the ScanSpeak 15WU at low volume meaning you can hear every little detail.
Even the 18WU loses this trait.
I don't test woofers at high volume, so I don't know how they compare there.

Look at the CSD. That's what matters to me. You can hear the difference, I'm pretty sure.
Can you hear the difference in FR, sure, but you have EQ right?
Do the distortion graphs matter and at what SPL do they matter?

To me CSD matters the most.
Pro drivers sound best.
Low Qts, High BL.
There's a reason manufactures' SPL and Qts are off the most because they matter a lot. BL I'm unsure of.

I grab other drivers and they're beautiful, but I'm like this is wrong, that is wrong. Doesn't happen with Wavecor.
CSD for some beautiful drivers, makes me want to throw up.
Satori is one of these. A lot of buzz about them. Best build quality for the price, which I'm into.
But no micro-detail at low volume, even from the 95 cm^2 driver.
Maybe poly cone is different, not sure.
Look at the Satori neo drivers, then look at CSD at 2-3 KHz.
You don't think you will hear that in your classic 2-way design, right where it crosses over to a driver of 1/100th the diaphragm weight?

SS 15WU and even larger Wavecor WF182BD04 you can hear everything.
I listen at low volume mostly.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I would still buy the satori neo driver because it looks the best :D

ONE PAIR woofers left.

Last edited:
Nice mid-woofers , my only problem the Qts is way to low to a 7" driver. In other word these will need a sub woofer to get decent bass. At least that is how I learned.
Otherwise well built speakers good quality.
Great for 2.5 or 3 way system..

Well you would get a lot of "bass" from a small box with this type of woofer, but yeah speakers need EQ. I've never come across a speaker that I just like flat.

Also sound is kind of personal. If you know what you like go with that. Don't let people tell you what you're suppose to like.
And graphs are good, but you don't really know what has significance and to whom it has significance and at what SPL level.

If you ask me, almost all tweeters I've ever heard are too bright. And bass from anything smaller than a 15 inch woofer almost never sounds right.

If you're trying to get "bass" from a 2 - 7 inch woofers, you are going to have to listen at incredibly low volume and never really sounds right to me.

I'd gladly listen to a Bose 301 (two 2 inch cone tweeters and sealed 8 inch woofer) than most 1" tweeter and 7" woofer ported setups of the same volume.

If you're trying to get "bass" from a 2 - 7 inch woofers, you are going to have to listen at incredibly low volume and never really sounds right to me. !!!!!

Yes I agree with you..
I want to build something with 2X10"woofers.
Right now I listening to a small 5.1/2" Visaton mid-woofer.
I wanted something bigger sized woofer I tried 7" Scan Speak, 6.5" Monacor etc, after 8"Scan Speak the carbon fiber cone, Monacor kevlar, Beyma dual concentric so on. I ended up one 10" woofer but even that at low level was not enough so I ended up using 2 per side. Instead 2 way I will go with 3 way.
Again these is a well built great driver in a decent enclosure - Or 2.5 or 3 way speaker excellent.
I do not want to hijack your tread just notice is a great driver way back I was thinking about these driver to...
I bump you up!!

Greetings

I was just modeled this woofer
I haven't seen any home drivers with "better" specs than this driver:
WF182BD03_04

Only thing I don't like about it, is that the cone is uncoated paper.
It will absorb water.
The SS 15WU woofer might be the only woofer I heard I like as much as this woofer.

Even the 18WU has lower BL, higher Qt, higher MMS
15W great looking woofer and quality
Has a cut cone, not the awesomest idea ever
The surface needs to be the strongest, not cut and filled with glue
High Qts, high mms

Want to see how a paper cone should look, look at the newer Eton drivers.

Most home drivers are just fancy toys.
They're not really designed to do anything well.
Maybe just tickle your pickle for a nickel :shhh:
That's about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.