FS: Behringer DCX2496 brand new - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th March 2004, 08:19 PM   #1
Vadim is offline Vadim  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Behringer DCX2496 brand new

I am selling my Behringer DCX2496. The unit has not been used. I did take it out of the box to inspect it at the time when I purchased it about 6 month ago.

I was going to use it with my new 3-way dipoles, but I need more head-room then the DCX2496 can provide, so I will have to go with analog cross-over.

Price: $300
Old 16th March 2004, 12:13 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi Vadim,

I'm also in Toronto. Is the price you quote in Canadian or US dollars?

What sort of dipole speaker are you building? I was also planning on a dipole speaker, and had thought of using the Behringer for that purpose.

If the price is in Canadian dollars, I may be interested.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 16th March 2004, 02:59 AM   #3
Vadim is offline Vadim  Canada
diyAudio Member

Ron,

Each channel of my 3-way dipole speaker consists of a RD-75 planer-magnetic driver in asymmetric trapezoidal and curved a wing-type baffle, a two Phoenix stacked woofers with 4 units of Peerless 12-inch XLS drivers (as described on linkwitzlab.com site) and a 4 units of Scan Speak 8565 10-inch drivers in its own 14-inch wide and 50 inches tall baffle with 3.5 inch ‘wings’.

The Scan Speaks ‘sit’ on top of the Phoenix woofers and RD-75 baffle is positioned next to the mid-woofer structure. The entire ‘thing’, 2 towers that is, is about 78 inches tall and together is 45 inches wide at the bottom. As you can see, I was inspired' by the Phoenix speaker system. That is my mid-range array of four Scan Speaks uses a slightly scaled Phoenix main baffle. The system works very well.

The DCX2496 is totally unsuitable for EQing this type of speaker system. Reason being is that the EQ requirements for woofers along are around 35 dB at 20 Hz. The midrange also needs more gain then DCX can provide. So, the solution is to augment the DCX with an analog processor, whereby the analog processor will do all open baffle 6 dB/oct EQ and driver compensation duties while the DCX can do all the filtering including the notches.

In fact I originally wanted to use the DCX in conjunction with DEQ2496. That 3-unit combination makes a lot of sense to me and, who knows, I may actually do that in the future. However, in the mean time I will make due with a totally analog solution.

The price of $300 is in fact in US Dollars. The DCX2496 is nearly twice as expensive in Canada. However, since I originally bought it in US for $349 it is only fair that I sell it for a bit less then what I paid to account for the lack of warrantee.
Old 16th March 2004, 02:58 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Vadim, your speaker sounds interesting!

I've passed your ad to a friend in Toronto who may be interested, but I must tell you that saving $50 in exchange for no warrenty doesn't sound too good to me. You have to remember that any US members can buy a new one for $350 with warrenty and including shipping.

Good luck on your project, and selling the DCX

Ron
Old 23rd March 2004, 04:23 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to CanuckAP Send a message via AIM to CanuckAP Send a message via MSN to CanuckAP Send a message via Yahoo to CanuckAP
Vadim if this unit is still available let me know. I'm also in the Toronto area and I was considering ordering either one of these or an Outlaw ICBM up from the US to control a biamp speaker with subwoofer setup.

Send me an email to canuck@teamrocs.com or post here.

Hide this!Advertise here!