• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB 6CL3 damper diode tubes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You will most likely have a hard time finding these in Europe. You probably know this already, but similar novar tubes are the 6CJ3 and 6CK3 types. If the tubes will be used in one of your own designs, you might want to consider the EY500 or the Russian 6D22S with the only possible downside (for some folks) being the top plate cap. Good luck with your search.

Thanks a lot for the comment.
I will use those in a low voltage and consumption preamp, so the actual ratings should be irrelevant as long it is of the same family. I changed the title to "or similar".

I would prefer to avoid a top cap, although it might not be a bad idea. PY88 also seems to come up often on ebay.

If it's for a low voltage and current draw application, another tube to consider albeit with a top cap, is the EY81 or its Russian equivalent the 6D14P. These can be found on ebay from the usual Russian/Ukrainian dealers and are quite cheap.

Another advantage if you go this route, is their small physical size, being not much larger than an EL84.

http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/sheets/030/e/EY81.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.