• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

OPPO BDP-105 with linear power supply and modifications

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
modified OPPO-105 with linear power supply for sale.

this unit offers legendary price to performance ratio, and is excellent even without modifications. you can read the numerous reviews online.

This unit has been substantially modified to improve the audio quality. I am asking $950.

The following modifications been made by me:
linear power supply (Oppomod)
Remove output coupling capacitors
disconnect multichannel board ( so multichannel analog outputs not active).
additional bypassing of Sabre chip
internal damping added
internal shielding added and grounded.

I can also provide an upgraded wireworld power cord for an additional fee.

the unit works very well as a streamer Using Wi-Fi.

Unit is in good condition, and is lightly used, There are some small blemishes on the top of the unit (Small 2" x 3/4" area of paint has been damaged on top case). Occasional very tiny scratches sides.
note that due to the removal of the output coupling capacitors, the unit is truly DC coupled, and so should be handled with appropriate care.

These modifications reduce the noise level and improve the audio quality from the main audio outputs.
One limitation of the linear power supply is that the input voltage must be 110 V AC or more.
Please contact me for more information or for more detailed photographs.
(these modifications and others were discussed in the extensive DIY forum on this machine see here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/222596-oppos-bdp105-discussions-upgrading-mods.html )

You can contact me directly, and I have listed this on audiogon

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.