• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free: California Audio Labs DX-1 cd player for parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Free for parts or repair: California Audio DX-1 compact disc player.

I am the original owner, cost me about $600 when I bought it 15 years ago or so. Some time ago the drive stopped reading and I was unable to resolve that problem. Evidently it would costs hundreds of dollars to have professionally repaired or replaced. So it's trash, unless someone here wants it.

One additional know issue: at some point one of the audio out RCA connectors broke from repeated connecting. Since I wasn't using the digital out (which uses the same type unusual connector) I removed the broken one and replaced it with the digital out one... so there's no digital out connector.

Basically worthless unless you know how to repair the drive (evidently won't take any other manufacturers drive.) Someone had offered to buy it for nominal but backed out, so it is already boxed up.

Free for shipping cost. I'm currently in zip code 47150. Shipping will be approx $20 Keith Ostertag

PM Sent

Free for parts or repair: California Audio DX-1 compact disc player.

I am the original owner, cost me about $600 when I bought it 15 years ago or so. Some time ago the drive stopped reading and I was unable to resolve that problem. Evidently it would costs hundreds of dollars to have professionally repaired or replaced. So it's trash, unless someone here wants it.

One additional know issue: at some point one of the audio out RCA connectors broke from repeated connecting. Since I wasn't using the digital out (which uses the same type unusual connector) I removed the broken one and replaced it with the digital out one... so there's no digital out connector.

Basically worthless unless you know how to repair the drive (evidently won't take any other manufacturers drive.) Someone had offered to buy it for nominal but backed out, so it is already boxed up.

Free for shipping cost. I'm currently in zip code 47150. Shipping will be approx $20 Keith Ostertag

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.