• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ideal HQPlayer NAA Device - Intel NUC E3815 (UK)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm selling my spare Intel NUC E3815, which I've been using as an HQPlayer NAA (Network Audio Appliance). The NUC makes an ideal NAA as it is passively cooled and has sufficient onboard eMMC to host a light operating system, so is completely silent.

My NUC has Debian Stretch as the OS with the NAA application installed on top so it will run as an NAA 'out of the box'. I've use it with a (suitable) USB DAC at data rates up to 384KHz PCM and 12.8MHz DSD (DSD256) and I believe it will go higher but I don't have a DAC capable of demonstrating it.

Of course, other operating systems can be installed.

I installed a 2Gb RAM module. No disk drive is installed (or needed, unless you want to install Windows or have local data). I purchased the NUC at the beginning of 2016 and it is in unmarked condition.

I'm listing this as a UK sale simply because I've mislaid the plug adaptors needed to use the power supply in other locations, but if you have some of your own you should be OK as I think they're pretty standard. Wherever I've left the plug adaptors is where I will also find the cradle to mount the NUC vertically so I'm not including that either.

Here's more info about the NUC:

Mini PC: Intel® NUC Kit DE3815TYKHE and NUC Board DE3815TYBE

I just thought I would float this here before I list in on eBay as a general computer sale.

I'm looking for £60 plus shipping at cost. PM if you're interested.

Last edited:
Really supports DSD 256 using HQplayer real time conversion?

No.

I have been using it as an NAA with my separate HQPlayer computer doing the heavy lift upsampling.

In HQPlayer land the NAA enables the heavy lift computer to be located well away from the audio system; data gets streamed from HQPlayer to the NAA and the NAA simply presents it to the USB DAC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.