• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Custom 2 way open baffle speakers using JBL & mark audio drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Built these years ago before I moved into a very small apartment.
Haven't used them in years.
NOS JBL 12" drivers with gold plated frames in 4.5 cubic feet (high 20's tuning)
Mark audio 8" full range drivers in an open baffle

Meant for use with an external active crossover with a crossover around 200Hz.

Could also be converted to be self powered for about $600 using miniDSP plate amplifiers (which is what I was planning on doing later on if I had the space)

Custom cabinets of my own design, solid poplar and bamboo plywood.
Couple quirks like slightly wonky driver spacing (******* fractional inches) and a couple wood defects but nothing that prevents them from making beautiful music

Moving and the next place I'm going is also too small to set these up.
These need some breathing room due to the open baffle nature.

$1000. Make me an offer. Don't want to part these out because then the cabinets will likely go to waste.
Local highly preferred (I'm in seattle) but I could potentially put these on a pallet for the right person. Each speaker weighs around 150 pounds.

Here is the build log:
Open baffle full range with helper woofer - Album on Imgur
0F6QBe7.jpg

kr3m7wR.jpg

nSqpj9C.jpg

SCcoQLV.jpg

Fhg4Hsh.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.