• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale: Audio Technica AT33e Low Output MC Cartridge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
** PRICE LOWERED ** Audio Technica AT33e Low Output MC Cartridge - Like-New!

Thank you for checking out my listing. I am downsizing my audio collection and will be listing additional items such as NOS, used and tested audio tubed from Mullard, Ampex and Mazda to RCA, Zenith, American Tungsol, turntables (Yamaha PX-3, Linn Sondek, Denon), field-coil speakers, vintage valve preamps, amplifiers, speakers (Linn Index Plus, Index Plus II, Mission) and more.

This listing is for a slightly used, excellent condition Audio Technica AT33e purchased new while overseas. I wasn't able to find a lot of information online regarding this cartridge so I emailed Audio Technica. I was told this cartridge didn't have a USA part number or SKU and therefore unavailable through US distributors. In addition they provided me details of the cartridge, how the cartridge differed from a AT33ev, a .PDF information/specifics sheet and a brief rundown on the cartridges performance.

The AT33e was purchased new from the base PX while in the Philippines. Audio Technica said this cartridge was only available in Japan and other select Asian markets. According to the technical rep I corresponded with at Audio Technica, many who have heard both the AT33e and AT33ev preferred the AT33e for its smooth response and strong mid/highs. The two AT33 cartridges look similar however they differ in perceived sound and physical specifications.

Specifications are as follows:

- 0.2 x 0.7 mil elliptical tip with Beryllium cantilever
- Frequency response, channel separation and channel balance are identical to the AT33ev
- AT33e output voltage: 0.4mV
- AT33e weight: 6.8g
- AT33e tracking: 1.2 - 1.8g with 1.6g recommended
- AT33e compliance: 10 @ 100Hz

I am unsure what to ask for the cartridge given a new AT33ev can be found for <$500. That said, I found several SOLD AT33e listings within the last 12-months between $250-400.

I have lowered my asking price to (only) $295 for the cartridge. It has <100-hours use on it, includes the original box, Audio Technica display case, mounting hardware and the original Audio Technica supplied cartridge to head shell screwdriver. I will ship for free via USPS Priority Mail insured, CONUS only. Other shipping options and locations ship for the actual parcel charges plus insurance.

If my price seems unfair, feel free to make an offer. I am not interested in trades aside from full-range driver or 8-12" woofers suitable for open baffle speakers.

I am unable to add pictures to this listing because of a website security token that is missing. Please email me for multiple high-res pictures.

I have eBay feedback of 100% with no negatives and a registered business in Illinois with no negative reviews or BBB complaints. If you are concerned with purchasing from someone relatively new to these forums I can provide references, eBay user information and more.

I accept credit cards (via Square over the phone or through my on-line website) or a USPS Money Order. I would greatly prefer to avoid PayPal if at all possible but will accept it provided the buyer covers all associated fees.

Last edited:
Hello.
I've just recently decided to try a moving coil cartridge on my turntable. The prices of these new are unbelievable so I was hoping to get something that wouldn't break my back. Since you were receptive to make an offer of $200.00. Please try not to feel disrespected by this offer. It's all I can, comfortably, afford.
Thank you.

Steve Girko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.