• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pure Audio Project TRIO clones (or just drivers), Tang Band 1808, Alpha 15A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built these last year and got outstanding results using an Ashly active xover. The drivers are (4) Eminence Alpha 15A's and (2) Tang Band W8-1808. These really do sound outstanding and considering the price of admission and how easy they are to assemble offer an amazing and unique audio bargain. If you read through my build thread linked below you'll hear my comparison of them to some very impressive production speakers. If you're in the DFW area (or willing to drive here) you can have the frames and baffles I built for free with the purchase of the drivers. One of the Alpha 15's has a little puncture in the surround but this could be easily repaired and as it is I could detect no effect on the sound or performance of the driver. $525 plus shipping and Paypal fees.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-return-to-open-baffle-madness.662271/

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.