• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

stepped attenuator needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ahoy matey there was a post around here for stepped attenuators that you could by in various flavours ie 10k 20k...., these were for sale on ebay and were very cheap as in £40 or something like that. Very reasonable.

Do a search for stepped attenuator and you should find it ok.

Ladder type Stepping Attenuator VR kit
10k or 100k version for 1 xlr ch or 2 rca ch
24 step/96 military grade, Dale RN60D, 1% precision resistor
$30 plus shipping within continental U.S. only
Kit only, you do assembly youself, instruction is available
phtos available upon request!
assemmled $45

Double the price for 2 xlr channels!

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
jrsun said:
Ladder type Stepping Attenuator VR kit
10k or 100k version for 1 xlr ch or 2 rca ch
24 step/96 military grade, Dale RN60D, 1% precision resistor
$30 plus shipping within continental U.S. only
Kit only, you do assembly youself, instruction is available
phtos available upon request!
assemmled $45

Double the price for 2 xlr channels!

Can you provide 20k assembled potentiometers?

Also, can you post the schematic used for these volume controls?

--
Brian

***** correction to my previous post *****
sorry, I just copied and pasted my post in previous GP.
Some info are not correct!
Last time I purchased the kit and do the assembly job myself. Too boring and tedious, almost hurt my neck. The extra $15 is worthy from my point of view. So this time I'm going to purchase the assembled ones for my Aleph-p clone, 10k or 100k assembled ones only.If you are interested, I can pick up your order but can not customize the order. It is a make before break and ladder type design. As for the quality, those audio guys in Taiwan have much more strict standard in picking the parts as I know.

No problem for Candadian order this time.

Brian, I'm working on yours to see the feasibility

For the rest, let me try clearifying, please discard previous emails or posts (reset to zero!) email me the following info

1. 10k or 100k assembled ladder type VR ONLY (same as the one Peter sold, please do not bother to ask different spec)
2. specify 2ch RCA or XLR (they are different) $45 & $90
3. quantity
4. pick payment option: personal check or paypal (from bank account only)
I'll try to see if I can get them, how long ? and then get back to you for payment

one more clearification
2ch RCA: one 4- layered ladder type volume control, i.e. one knob control both channel at the same time
2ch XLR: one 8-layered ladder type volume control, i.e. one knob control both channel at the same time
8-layered picture is uploaded in my picture link! Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.